He can't decide if he wants to be my friend or girlfriend?

He's telling me that he's unsure with what he wants because he can't tell the difference so he's in no rush to be with me. He says he loves me and wants to go out with me but wants to take it slow and start over as friends. The only thing is... We are just friends... so how do we start over from there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Him saying he loves you given all this doubt just shows he's not being sincere, which would tilt this to being more a friendship than romantic.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Being friends and "taking things slow" seems like such an ambiguous plan, and maybe even a waste of time. I mean I don't think he can expect you to wait around if he's not actively working towards being in a relationship with you, in my opinion. If he really liked you he probably wouldn't hold back so much and feel so uncertain.

I could be wrong, but this is how I'd interpret the situation.

• Trust me you don't want to be with someone that does not know what they want that will always leave you hanging on a string waiting for him to decide. There is no such thing as starting over but you can slow things down if they are moving too fast.

• give him time.