What dating sites are you on?

I'm thinking about joining a couple. Guess it doesn't hurt right? Any dating sites you'd recommend for 25+? I hear horrible things about Tinder. Feel free to include your horror stories too.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been through the entire gauntlet of dating applications and websites! The truth of the matter is that you just never know where you are going to meet someone. OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, Tinder, E-Harmony, Match etc. You have to cast a wide net to catch fish right?

Each of them will have their horror stories and novel worthy romances just as long as you are willing to put in the time, effort and patience.

Though, with all of that said, I will say that the free sites such as Tinder and Plenty of Fish attract more of a hook up culture crowd than the higher tier paid websites. While trying to free easy access mobile app popular trio of Tinder, OkCupid and Plenty of Fish I recommend you contemplate splurging some hard earned money on something more serious such as E-Harmony.

Most importantly, try not to stress and try to think of each individual date as a potentially unique enjoyable experience!

• yeah I don't mind hooking up for a couple of months but my ultimate goal is finding someone for a serious relationship. I just don't attract the guys I'm usually like. They're not even hot. More dorky and average than anything. Maybe I need a computer to help me find a guy that will be a better match because I'm not seeing it :/

• I am in the same boat! In fact I have a couple of dates lined up this week from Tinder. Despite the general nature of the application there are good people using it. I've had some good times and a couple brief (few month long) relationships spawn from Tinder. I am am debating giving the paid options a whirl in the nearish future. I work in an industry of middle aged folk which makes it difficult for me to meet women via more organic methods.

As for your type you definitely just described me. If you're ever passing through Canada and want a dorky tour guide give me a nudge =P

• Lol will do. I'm in the US and broke but never say never :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Tinder really isn't that bad, you just really got to watch who you are swiping for. There were A LOT of guys who where just like "dtf?" but then again I kinda only swiped them because there pic was just their smoking hot abs. But I did set up a lot of actual dates (then flaked just cuz that is the kind of person I am). But I met my current boyfriend of 8 months on there. Granted he wanted sex at first but the more I told him no the more he wanted to talk to me. So he finally (after like two straight weekends of asking to come over at midnight) asked if he could just take me out on a date and my dumbass said yes. like this guy was fucking relentless. But it worked out somehow (and I did make that boy wait 3 months for sex) and I am so glad that he is the one guy I didn't flake out on. Regardless of which site you choose, follow your gut for reeal! Also Okcupid is stupid. And my friend used to use match. com and Plenty of fish (POF) and he found his current SO (been together for a year) on match. But he also was in a 5 month relationship where his partner just used him for sex which he found on match.

What Guys Said 5

• a friend and I signed up for beautifulpeople. com where you have to be voted in based on looks alone. It was more of a little contest to see if we could both get in lol. We did, and i ended up sticking with it for a while because the girls were actually pretty gorgeous... but the problem with the site is that to do anything meaningful, you've gotta pay... a lot. But the people on there are pretty high caliber looks-wise

• congrats. I doubt i'll get in though.

• I'll check it out see if it's worth it. Thanks dude.

• no problem :)

• I've tried a few. OKCupid, Match, the usual. Never really had much luck with it so I just gave it up. I've met more people on here in a week than I did on any of those sites in months, and made better friendships. But hey, if it works for you, by all means go for it. :)

• I don't use dating websites.

• 0|0
  • None
    But me and a friend tried out OKCupid for a month or so.
    It was a really fun site, but the creeps scared me.

So, no matter where you go.. there will always be creeps... so stay strong, and try to look past those to give the more serious people a chance

What Girls Said 4

• I would never join a dating site. I would never date a guy who had ever joined a dating site either. I would rather be alone than be that desperate

• not on a single one.

• Ok cupid and I only use tinder for girls

• For 25+, tinder and okcupod