My girlfriend thinks it's ok to sleep in the same bed as her guy friends, am I wrong for not being ok with it?

Some background, my girlfriend is 19 and I'm 22. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 8 months now and it's honestly been the best time of my life. We've had our highs and lows, but we always seem to work through our issues. Until recently that is. The other night my girlfriend, her female roommate, and my GF's "close friend" slept in the same bed together. She told me laughing because she thought it was amusing that they all were drunk and just passed out. I told her I was not comfortable with her sleeping in the same bed as another man, period. I finally let it go because her friend was in the same bed etc. My girlfriend then proceeded to tell me even if it was just her and another guy I should be ok with it. I made it very clear that I would not be and that I would not tolerate it. We argued intensely and she basically told me that she's always slept in the same bed as her guy friends, and that I would simply have to get over it. Then, yesterday, she tells me that Saturday night she, her same female room mate, and the same guy friend went to a party. At the end of the night the three returned to my GF's house and went to sleep. This time the female room mate slept in her own bed and my girlfriend and her close guy friend slept together by themselves. I took this as a complete slap to the face since it was only days after we had argued about it. My question, am I wrong for feeling this way? I turned the tables and asked how she would feel and she responded that she would not mind. I'm firm in my belief that no other man should be in my GF's bed, to open one's self to situations that lend themselves to suspicion shows me that she does not respect my feelings. Thoughts?

• Agree
  • Disagree
To be more specific, this guy is also her coworker who she's only known for 3 months, it's not like they're childhood friends or anything to that extent. I just find it hard to believe you can be that "close" with someone in that short of time.
Thanks everybody for giving me your opinions and advice; I listened and told her if it happened again we were done, and I wouldn't put up with it etc. She immediately apologized repeatedly and said it would never happened again, I guess we'll see. Thanks everybody!

Most Helpful Guy

• You have an immature girlfriend and not the type of immature where you think well her sense of humor is childish and she doesn't care about serious things that is OK but she's the type of immature woman who gets drunk and ends up somewhere with another guy and thinks its funny that is a type of immaturity that can end a relationship I am almost tempted to tell you to find a girl your own age whose more mature and understands how vulgar and dumb that type of behaviour is.

What Girls Said 5

• You're right to now trust your girlfriend.

• That's an awful thing to do.. Even if my boyfriend let me, I still wouldn't! I don't even hang out with other guys, tbh (in my opinion) I think you should only want to spend time with YOUR man, not another man. I don't go to parties because I wouldn't be happy if my boyfriend did.
    My advice: give it to her straight, tell her if she keeps doing it, yous are over.
    OR the funnier way is to get one of your female friends and sleep in the same bed as her! She how your girlfriend likes it when it's reversed.
    Yeah tbh, if her female friend was able to sleep in that other room (as you were saying) then why couldn't he have done that? And then your girlfriend and her female friend could've slept in the same bed, there was no need for him to sleep with her.

• You are absolutely right and the fact that she did it again shows she had no respect for you and she didn't care how you felt about the situation. I would never disrespect my man like that. She real bold for that.

• You are totally right, she is WAY too care free about this.

• You should be able to trust your girlfriend. I get why it my be uncomfortable, but if you are going to make that break your relationship, it was never strong in the first place.

• Imagine your mother sleeping with her close guy friend.

• This is the most idiotic comment I've seen today.

• Okay, after reading it again I see your points. Honestly you are not wrong for not being o. k with it.

What Guys Said 5

• Irrelevant of if she can be trusted or not.
    This behaviour should be stopped, eventually nothing good will come from this, I know from experience..
    Either let her know it's not on, or walk away.

• Unnacceptable behavior and an unacceptable response. She is out right disrespecting you and you have every right to be mad.

• I say just dump her

• Ask her if she'd like other girls in your bed

• Give her the taste of her own medicine. Tell her you slept with one of. your girl friends in same bed.