Are You Sure Dating As a Teenager is Worth it?

Most Teenage Relationships Don't Last Very Long
I know I am going to get a lot of hate from this;however, it is true. I used to be the person who'd say, 'Not my relationship'. Well, now I am one of the people who actually agree. I do not see myself having a relationship that is actually worth my time right now.
Most Teenagers Don't Really Know What They Want
One minutes they want to become a model the next an astronout (they don't even know anything about being one!). The best time to date is when you are older and know what you want. Who wants to be tied down right now when there's so much to see and do?
Unrealistic Expectations
Most teenagers are very unrealistic with their relationship. They think they're Romeo and Juilet. 'Omg, I will die for you!' Haha! I am not going to die for you. You know you're in a crazy relationship when... lol
Freedom
Enjoying your freedom now will mean lots when you're in a relationship. If you do get in one- you don't have to plan your whole life out right now, or ever- you should have stories to tell your stories to tell your spouse. Besides crazy relationship stories...

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha, yeah, dating as a teenager usually doesn't result in a lasting relationship. But I'm still really glad that I did it, because it helped me figure out more precisely what kind of guys I'm looking for, which personality traits I need to avoid, stuff like that. And there's something about the structure of life during the high school years that feels more supportive and safe than later on. Just my opinion, though.

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like you want all relationships to be forever, and if they're not then they're not worth your time. Like any relationship needs to be some long term commitment based on invested energy, etc. But that's not how romance works... we don't get more out of it long term if we keep investing... I see many women stay in horrible relationships for this error in thinking.

The value of any relationship is how it makes you feel NOW, not how much time you've put into it. If things have changed it's okay to change the relationship.

But I can promise you this... there is a much happier way to enjoy life. And that's to appreciate each relationship, romantic or otherwise, as being wonderful and beautiful as long as they last. And expecting them to last for ever is childish and illogical. Becoming attached to a relationship is to ensure pain and suffering.

That doesn't mean we should never get married or plan on being with someone for ever, I'm just saying that it's okay for some relationships to end.

The key to happiness is to enjoy and appreciate the honest loving relationships that we choose and develop, while accepting that people change and that's okay.

I had amazing best friends in school when I was growing up and those were the happiest times of my life. Even the brief romantic relationships that pop'd up, and quickly ended. Because they filled me with excitement and love and happiness, even if only briefly. And even though I'm not friends with most of my school friends that doesn't mean I should never have made any friends, that's silly.

I hope you realize that it's our ego's that wants things to never change. Let go of the ego and relax... the love and pleasure out weighs any pains when dealing with romance. It's always worth it.

:D

But that's just my opinions.

~ Robby

• When you find yourself finishing high school without ever having a relationship, come back and we can discuss...

What Girls Said 6

• While I was sitting at one of the offices in my school, this guy comes and starts to talk to some of the girls about life, school, girls etc.

He said something like, "I dont want to date right now and waste my time. I mean, I know I am not gonna marry them, so what's the point?"

• I personally don't. The only guy I dated in high school turned out to be not so into women (he wasn't aware of this at the time).

• A lot of people say you so dumb things in your relationship when your young and I don't think that's entirely true. I think you make a lot of mistakes because relationships are new to you. And I feel that your going to make these mistakes whether your 15 or 54 because dating is new and new things are confusing.
    Dating in highschool was the best because it wasn't serious. We didn't have to talk about marriage or bills or all these adults thins we just got to enjoy each other's company.
    Also I think if you want to make mistakes during dating id rather do it when I'm 15 than when I'm 30. Having hour first broken heart will happen and I'd rather do it when I have my parents to help pick me back up

• This is pretty much their dialogue...

OMG, he is soooo handsome. I'm in love.

• My mom told me that dating as a teenager isn't 100% pointless, because you get a chance to figure out the guys you want before you're ready to marry. So maybe it won't last but it's just to try and figure out what type of guy you want to marry. If you don't wanna deal with a boyfriend right now then don't, deal with yourself. Who's gonna say different. Hoped this helped a bit.

• Yeah.. it gave me experience. However, I do not think that dating is really a big deal. Plus I may not want something when I am 30+ that I want now. I do not want to be married to be honest. I am thinking of becoming a marriage councilor or a dating expert when I am an adult. Haha... kind of weird but funny.

• It's not because it won't last. Like let's be honest... Do you really think you're going to marry the guy that you're dating at this age?

• I did think that. I am happy I had me experience even if it didn't last.