How do I deal with my cynicism? Is it really a big deal?

I have a serious problem with the idea of commitment. Like the thought of marriage is terrifying to me. The idea that someone could be "the one" to spend the rest of your life with is total bullshit. I don't know if it's just because my parents are divorced (my mom is on like marriage number 4 or something) or what but how can I stop being SO cynical towards marriage and love? I do have a boyfriend and I love him but at the same I'm questioning him. Like how do I know that he actually loves me? How do I know that this isn't all just kind of an act?

Most Helpful Girl

• You do not have to rush to be in a relationship right now. You will know what you like over the course of time. I cannot decide for you. However, my advice is to not rush things.

What Guys Said 2

• Only time ever tells. What seems to be the one today, could be the guy you hate most in a years time. Love and life are complicated so just role with it and one day you could be lucky nd find the perfect match for you get married and be side by side together forever. It does happen for some

• Do he cares about you? And there are many ways... i know many ways to tell that someone loves you or not 😊

What Girls Said 1

• Well to believe in marriage you have to believe in monogamy, and I don't. I don't believe it is natural or realistic to believe in monogamy. I think if you believe in it you are just setting yourself up to be hurt.