Is it common for a girl too?

I've just started texting this girl the past few days, sometimes I take a while to reply because im busy. It then seems she waits tries to wait just as long or longer to reply to me, even though I can see she's active on other things so clearly not busy. Is she trying to play me at my own game, even though im not actaully meaning to take long to reply its just I've been busy!

she's still not text and its been like 8 hours, should I send a joke text about how she takes long to reply. Or should I wait it out and if i get no reply start a new conversation in a few days?
bump

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of girls actually believe that the guy is just being selfish and won't reply cause you have "better things to do" so they try to play your own game back. Bitch move but yeah they usually do it like that, im not going to lie I use to do it like that too until I definitely started getting busy myself and they always saw me on other accounts and theyd get mad but its just im logged into everything on my phone so it shows im online for everything you know what I mean?

What Girls Said 3

• yeah :/ she doesn't want it to look like she was actually waiting for you to reply and pretend she's got it busy too.

• She probably just doesn't want to see like she's desperate or something.

• oh yeah that's normal

What Guys Said 3

• it's for your benefit. It's so she doesn't come on too strong. Girls will wait as long as it took you or longer.

• Girls don't like to seem too interested, she might be trying to play it cool, don't read too much into just have fun :)

• Uncommon! :D