Why did it start casual, then said he felt like its not casual anymore, then start taking me on dates and introducing me to friends, now ending it?

We started seeing each other super casually 2 months ago. Then about 2 weeks or so ago he said he really likes me a lot and feels like it's not casual anymore. We've gone on a few dates and he's introduced me to some friends. Now suddenly the day after we go on a double date with his friends who I had never met, he's saying he wants to end things before classes start up? Why would he treat me like things were changing and then suddenly drop me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'd better ask him without delay... I hope you were not "his toy". That would be ridiculous. First he says it's serious and than he sends you away without even telling you why exactly.
    My feeling says that - at least that's what I'm afraid of - he's probably met someone else and seeks a way to tell you :-(
    Thumbs up it will take a turn for the better :D

What Guys Said 4

• I think it probably has to do something with the double date. perhaps something happened. it just seems to convenient to use school as an excuse. especially when it's only the 1st of July and I assume classes aren't for a little while

• well he goes away to be an EMT at a camp in 2 weeks and then by the time he comes back, classes start up again. so he claims he wanted to give me a heads up 😒

• well that seems like a fairly valid excuse. I don't know why he'd sort of escalate the relationship only to dampen it. It might be a question you could ask, because it definitely seems like he led you on by proposing a more serious relationship only to pull the rug out from under you

• I wonder if his friends took a disliking to u and if so then he's very shallow to drop u on the back of it. Other than that then he's just a dick forget him and move on you deserve better.

• guess he wants 2 focus on his studies... most possible x-planation

• Where you two having causal sex? Or where you two just "dating/hanging out?" If you two where having sex maybe he started liking you but wanted to keep his options open while going back to school.

What Girls Said 0