My boyfriends mom doesn't trust me and his sister made a comment, help?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three months now. His mom never really talks to me and yesterday she told him that she doesn't trust me and that he has changed ever since he got with me. I don't do drugs, I don't party, I haven't dated a thousand guys, I don't encourage him to do anything bad. I care about my education and his and I always go out with him to get him to see new places. She said she doesn't trust me but how can she trust me without even trying to get to know me? Then he showed his sister a picture of me and she said I was ugly and needed to clean my face. I know I'm not ugly, I may not be a model either but I get comments. He has a little brother and I treat him as best as I can. Their comments hurt me and I don't know what to do. Has anyone experienced this before? Any advice?

What Guys Said 2

• Some moms will naturally hate any woman their sons bring home because they feel threatened by them because they are "stealing" their baby. Basically for most of his life his mom has been the go to woman for anything he needs in life, then you come around and now she doesn't feel needed by him anymore. She is slightly jealous. Of course this is how life goes and she just needs to be the adult and be mature about it. She may be still over protective and coming off as a bad person. You can't make someone like you. All you can do is be the best person you can be and treat others the same way you want to be treated. If you treat her good, and she doesn't, sleep well knowing you are the better the person!

• Thanks!! This helped a lot

• Oh that's terrible.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sorry you are in this situation. I would say you need to talk to your boyfriend about this and see what's really going on.. maybe he's been hurt in the past and they are worried? whatever the case is you should talk to him and sort it out, because this is not healthy