Is it wrong that I only want to go out with non overweight men even though I am overweight myself?

I only want to go out with nonoverweight men even though I am overweight myself. I have rejected every single overweight guy that has asked me out.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• Its perfectly fine to have a preference, because you can't help that. But just remember that men are holding you to the same standard that you are holding them. So you may not have much luck attracting them. In a situation like yours is best to either give yourself an upgrade, or give your standards a downgrade, i you want any progress.

• It's ok, just as long as you don't complain when men don't want to date you cause you're overweight.

• I don't know if 'wrong' is the right word, but it's very hypocritical and you seem to have unrealistic expectations. Although there are certain men who have a fetish for big women, they're known as 'chubby chasers' so you might wanna try and find a guy like that.

• I suppose you would be considered hypocritical. But I would too, if I was the same way. I don't believe I am, however. I'm okay with dating overweight women, just as long as they aren't too overweight. If they are overweight, they need to make sure they are healthy or are getting healthier. That's all I ask.

• You are free to reject whoever you want just as everyone is free to reject you.

• It's ok to have preferences but a lot of guys have the same criteria for girls. If you find a non overweight guy that's fine with it then go for it. I see overweight people having really attractive boyfriends/girlfriends all the time.

• its not wrong. It's just hypocritical. i mean i don't blame you for being more attracted to non overweight men, but you might be a tad delusional if you think non overweight men will be stampeding towards ya for your number at the bar.

• No. It's a preference, nothing more. So long as you aren't cruel or mocking guys [or girls] who are overweight or something I see nothing wrong with it.

• Try losing weight it would help your goal

• Good luck. lol!

• Wrong? no. Unrealistic? Maybe.
    If you can get it then go for it.

• Maybe a little shallow but No its not wrong, its what you prefer. But answer this... Suppose you met the nicest guy you ever met. He was everything you ever wanted but he was overweight. Would you skip him over for douchbag that looked hot?

• Wow just wow.

• if you have low hand, just accept it.

• So picky!!

• Everyone has their own taste. So no, not at all.

• Couldn't take why people were sayin so you went and made a new profile ahahhaha, are you that insecure

• The entitlement is strong with this one!

• Is it wrong that I only want to go out with girls that I am attracted to and enjoy being with, whether they are overweight or not?

What Girls Said 9

• No, I understand. It might sound harsh to the guys out there but being a little overweight for a girl is a lot better than a guy. Because when a girl gains weight it a lot of time will affect her more attractive features (boobs and butt) whereas when a guy gains weight it doesn't do anything to improve their looks. Don't beat yourself up over who you're attracted to.

• Actually, it does affect the more attractive feature of a woman: her face.
      Getting fat affects your face, and that's what matters the most.

• Would you say the same thing if the person posting was a man? I bet you would call him a hypocrite.

• No, if it was a guy I wouldn't care. You can't choose who you find attractive or unattractive for whatever features they have and she shouldn't be demonized for feeling weird about her preference.

• Not if you got the booty or boobies.

• And again. You must think we are stupid. I have reported all accounts.

• How did you know, they are making new account?

• @blake112068 Not you. Lol. I was answering your question as to why.

• You are mistaken. This isn't me. I am not racist but I would never put a white last name as a username. It is just that I am too proud of being Latino.

• There's nothing wrong with preferring non overweight men. But never expect more out of your partner than you expect of yourself.

• Would you say the same thing if she was a he?

• @ManuelMarquez I don't see many overweight men make this post so I'm trying to show you an instance where this same message I'm trying to convey applies. That's a commonly said phrase by guys on here so I decided to use that as an example

• You can have your preferences, but men have the right to disagree if they want to

• I think this is so hypocritical. It seems that overweight women can date whoever they want without being considered a hypocrite whereas if an overweight man only wants to date fit men they are a hypocrite. It gets me pissed and I am not even overweight.

• @ManuelMarquez I think both are hypocritical, but they can do whatever they want. Why should we care? They have (hypocritical) preferences, but still they like what they like.

• I am glad you see it that way, one time when I posted, about my overweight friend not wanting to date overweight women all hell broke loose on here. I was asking why people judge him and say he is a jerk, etc.

• I don't think its wrong or unrealistic if that's the preference you have.

• You have the right to be picky. It is shallow but hey, you know what you want.

• No!! I'm the same way , I like tall skinny or buff guys

• You made another account, ManuelMarquez?