Guys, would you feel uncomfortable dating a taller girl?

I am asking this because it's common in society for the guy to have to be taller than the girl. My mother, who is very traditional, thinks that guys will feel more masculine if they are taller and they won't want to date a tall girl.
This makes me feel a little insecure because I am tall but I have a crush on an amazing guy who is a few inches shorter than me.
So I'm wondering, does a tall girl intimidate you? Is my mom right: would you feel less like a man if you date a tall girl?
Thanks for taking your time to read this question. I appreciate all the answers :)

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, dont let what your mom says hold you back fromhappiness. He could be a very awesome guy who doesn't care about height. Good luck 😀

• Thank you! And for ending it on such a positive note haha :)

What Guys Said 14

• Not at all; in fact the opposite. I'm a little shorter than the average male here (5'7" < 5'10"), and I want my kids to come out taller than me. Well not really come out that way... but you know what I mean :)

People would joke, and I'd go with it, but it wouldn't bother me at all. I don't measure my masculinity by my height (thank God).

I'm actually afraid that the "right one" is going to be really short.

• wow that is very reassuring because the guy on my mind is slightly below average also. You have contagious confidence. Thank you for your answer :)

• Personally I do prefer shorter girls, but if I really liked a taller girl I believe this wouldn't be a problem.

• I will admit I might be a bit apprehensive if she was much over 6 foot as I'm 5'9, but taller women don't intimidate me, and I'd certainly still date them, their height doesn't determine what kind of girlfriend, friend or wife they will be.

• I see your point. Thanks for the reply :)

• No problem, and don't worry about it, it's nothing to fret over, at least it shouldn't be.

• I feel like some guys will unfortunately but not me personally. It'll probably come down to preference.

• Good to know :) and that's true.. everyone has different tastes

• Taller than the average girl, yeah. Taller than I am, 6'4", I really doubt it.

• You're vertically gifted that's awesome :P thanks for the reply

• Taller than me yes I am 6'1 so it will be weird

• I wouldn't really care that much.

• I don't really care about height. I would date a girl taller than me.

• That's good. Confidence is important. Thanks for the response

• i actually love to date a taller woman cuz she will have long legs

• LOL your username is perfect for your answer haha :)
      Thank you for the response!

• thank you lol i wish we could message each other. if thats ok with you

• If I'm attracted to her then I wouldn't think much of it.

• I would prefer to date a taller woman.

• No I don't mind at all :)
    How tall are you btw?

• I'm actually 5'6 but for an Asian girl it's actually pretty tall and I tend to tower over all the other girls and some Asian guys :(
      And thank you for your answer

• Yeah haha you know our stereotype is supposed o be scrawny and small :')
      But thanks so muh for the encouragement. Lol it's good to live in the americas

• Lol! My last girlfriend was Chinese and she's 5'2 so I know about the stereotypes ;P
      You're welcome! Maybe you should visit one of these days :D

• Yes. I would

• I doubt I'd date a girl over 6'4".

• Aww I see.. but its understandable :D I appreciate your opinion.