Should I wait for him to be "ready" or move on?

This is what happened, I met a guy online and we became best friends, two years passed and I realized that I liked him a lot. I told him and he liked me too, we started a relationship and then after almost two months of relationship he told me that he wasn't ready for a girlfriend but that he still loved me. I accepted that for a while (until his exams were over) and I told him I still liked him but he answered me with "😕" or ":P".

We still talk like best friends and those things but a little distant. When we were daiting we said that we didn't wanted to lose the friendship if we broke up.

what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• So let me get this straight y'all were in a relationship then he said he wasn't ready for one? I think you should just move on. I know it might be hard because you love him but at the end of the day he seems like he made up his mind especially his nonchalant emoji response. You're young you still have time to figure out who you are and what you want in a man, so live free, fun, and fabulous. Hang out with your friends flirt with some guys to clear you mind from him and take it one day at a time. It's his lost not yours so have fun baby girl... and I guarantee when he sees you've moved on and is not worrying about him. That's when he'll think to himself "damn I messed up" and you'll already be conversing with another cutie... Hope that helped :)

What Guys Said 2

• :( and :p r 2 totally different x-pressions but anyway.

but i'd assume his " :( " could mean he has 2 think bout being a relationship wid u quickly, otherwise he might lose u

• He doesn't use that one. It's this one "😕"

• still it's kinda similar... so my thought bout it still remains

• Best to move on

What Girls Said 2

• I'm so sorry that you are in this situation. Sometimes guys can be like a puzzel, impossible to solve. The :( face could be that he feels bad about maybe losing feelings or not being ready for love. But only you guys can decide that.

• I think you should definitely move on. Life's too short to wait around for someone to "decide if they're ready to be with you". Usually when people say that it's just an excuse anyways.