Why is she still nervous around me?

There is this shy girl and we have liked and known each other for months now. We just started dating together and our first date was pretty awesome. I held her hand for the first time and she even introduced me to her sisters and best friend.

However, I notice that she still tends to be quite nervous around me. She just told me that sometimes she feels a bit shy and pressured when I'm around. I wasn't expecting that and I felt a bit disappointed when I heard that.

What does she mean? I really like her and I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Should I distant myself from her?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Since she is shy, I understand. She feels like if she says the wrong thing or isn't as compatible as you think, you will break up with her. I have this feeling with my crush who seems interested. If I don't talk, he has nothing to critisize except that I don't talk much. She will loosen up if you do most of the talking, smile , joke around and let her know that you like her for everything she says and does. Show her she doesn't need to worry.

What Girls Said 9

• It is probably nothing that you have done and more to do with her with herself. Backing away may make it worse and make her more shy. Try to ease her into things and encourage her not to be shy. That should help and in time she will feel more comfortable i'm sure!

• I really hope so. I like her so much it disappoints me when she's not opening up to me.
      Thanks for your advice!

• You're welcome! she probably is just shy and needs a little encouragement and with time it should get easier. Hope it goes well!

• I think you two should do more of what each other likes. She likes bowling? Go on a bowling date? And on the next date you two can do what YOU like. You like ice skating? Go skating. Let yourself be who you are around her because she seems to truly like you. Just spend time together in order to giver her more reasons and opportunities to open up to you.

• As someone who tends to be emotionally detached I can say that it's completely normal and you shouldn't distance yourself from her. You need to show her that even though she might need time to relax around you, that it's okay. Don't be pushy or clingy tho. She'll open up and relax when she's ready. Just don't give up on her :)

• I won't give up on her. Will she really eventually open up to me? I'm really worried as I really like her haha.

• no! she just needs time to get more comfortable for some girls its not a nautral thing

• She's obviously just a really shy person so you need to make her feel at ease! I'm really shy aswell, and I think it helps when a boy asks ME lots of questions because it makes me feel more comfortable and confident, as it means I have to talk haha

• No, you shouldn't because I'm the same way. If I'm in front of people, even family, I get nervous if I'm just dating someone. It's not for you to take offense. She sounds happy and likes you ☺️

• she likes you so much she just can't help it you make her that nervous its that simple just be romantic and show her she can relax with you

• DO NOT DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM HER! That will only make things worse. It's completely normal for her to be a bit shy. Some girls just need more time to get comfortable with people. Distancing yourself from her will make confused about how you feel about her. Just act normal. If you start smothering her she may not like it. She still needs her own space. All you guys need is time. She'll get comfortable with you sooner or later.

• I can tend to be shy around people also-more so when I was younger. Some people really just need time to be themselves. The more open and accepting you are of her, the more easy it will be for her to relax.

If you two are meant to be, she will eventually open up in her own time and on her own terms.