My boyfriend told me he sometimes sees me as a friend, should I stay with him?

So my boyfriend and I have been together for over 6 months and things were really good between us. We have a very strong connection and he is seriously an amazing man. lately things have started to cool a bit. i noticed we were having sex less and he wasn't kissing me like he used to. He is doing his Phd and he is about to start going away for it a lot over the remainder of the year. we spoke about whether or not we should stay together because he will not be able to put me first anymore. he also said he was feeling less of a spark for me and sometimes he sees me as a best friend and sometimes more. sometime he feels we are on a different page. He said he really likes me but wasn't sure. we cried as we spoke and both decides we wanted to try and make it work and being the spark back. Is it worth holding on and trying to make it work even though he is not going to have as much time for me anymore and has to focus on his PhD. is it possible to get the spark back? I really care for him and want to be with him but don't know if it's better to just call it quits.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to reconsider your relationship with him since he sees you more as a friend; it may not even last long, so it's best to maybe not drag it out and move on

• Since our talk he has been making more of an effort to keep the little things going. Like saying sweet goodnight, kissing me more and we have been having more sex.

• At least there's that as a start, but it should really come as natural; I do hope that everything works out for the two of you

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I would heavily consider the latter. Becasue I think you will not be together for much longer. Best not to drag it out

• im going through the same situation as my boyfriend and it sounds exactly like my problem. instead im in school full time also and have no time with so much work and he works full time we live 30 mins away from each other. i want us to work out but what he told me he feels like we are nothing but friends i was really confuse and upset. i also want to work things out with my boyfriend :(

• Honestly I probably wouldn't stay with him if he sees me as a friend and if there wasn't any chemistry