Guys, Do men like romantic gestures?

I like a guy and I want to tell him in person after the holidays... I had the idea to greet him, ask him if we can meet, and then tell him I like him in Spanish ( His family is Spanish and he speaks spanish) :) Is that too weird? Do guys like that sort of effort put in?

• Yes
    86% (37)
  • No
    7% (3)
  • Depends on the girl.
    7% (3)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a romantic myself, so I do like that kind of gestures. You say his family is Spanish, so he probably has been brought up with Spanish culture, and in Spain we value romanticism (I know cause I'm from Spain too).
    I'm sure he'll love that.

• Thank you :) That explains some things :) Good :) Thank you so much :) Is your name Alejandro by any chance? Or Alessandro?

• Oh cool, hahaha what a coincidence xD

Good luck with that :)

• Thank you! :)

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah, that's fine, if he likes you too then he'll like it when you flirt.

Also, not sure if you're just summarizing what you're going to say, but it's better to not directly come out and say the exact words "I like you". Say something a little less direct and more playful, like "let's go out and have some fun together".

• Yes , i love that kind of stuff. Its already awesome that she is coming up to ME and asking ME out, it'd make me feel desirable and wanted. But on top of that, the amount of effort put into the romantic gesture would mean a lot.

• Of course we do - just remember that a cheeky hint to give him the chance to take charge is much better than a proverbial slap in the face. If he isn't completely clueless he'll get it.

• Never gotten a romantic gesture so I imagine I would be flattered and surprised

• As the polls and people can attest, almost all guys love romantic gestures. It'd probably surprise a good bit of them, but that surprise would be followed by flattery and more admiration for you.

• If it's a weird idea to yourself that you haven't tried before, I'd go with something that's a little bit more "you" =P

Just make sure it's "you"

• Yes. Romantic gestures are sweet. :)

• Go for it. If a girl is trying for me then I would assume I'm doing things right, so it's very rewarding when a girl does this.

• Would you like her more for it? Also what's with your username? 0_o

• I mean I would feel more secure/comfortable with her so I guess the attraction will increase, yes.

hahaha well my old account was named bananatossing. I guess I have a thing for nonsensical verb usernames XD

• Yay!

I see :)

• Not at all I like romantic gestures.

• I think it's great. Guys LOVE girls who go out of their to something nice for them. At least I do, but I'm a hopeless romantic. There are a lot of us out there. Go for it!