Bros, why are we such aholes in relationships but overly nice when we want to date a girl?

My Broscience can't seem to figure it out!

I hear so many bros say how they asked this girl to froyo, or mini golf, or this total date movie with girls they've met like once.

Then I see guys with girlfriends and they've never been to the mall with them, they don't ever agree to have lunch with their friends, and they never say anything sweet like babe I love you or you're the greatest blah blah but they're so willing to give compliments to a girl they don't even know?

I myself am guilty of this.

The brologic kind of goes like "oh I'll romance her and then I'll have won her and she'll be mine and I won't have to worry about it anymore." What are we romancing off of? Just looks? She has those same looks when we're actually dating so why then do we get so bored to the point of irritation? I've seen bros pine for over a year on one girl and then lose interest after 2 or 3 months of actually dating.

It's like a dog chasing a squirrel. One might say the dog doesn't even really want the squirrel. What is so fun about chasing something that runs from you? It's so illogical...

Most Helpful Guy

• it can't be all the bros, but yeah I've experienced that shit right in front of me.

What Girls Said 2

• Interesting

• Because once they "get" her, they don't need to act anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• Ah, we take a long time to learn how to act. You lure more with honey than vinegar. I suspect some of it may be biological. The drive to reproduce is strong when young, and that influences behavior. Looks go into that, obviously. But once reality sets in, the magic wears off.

• Stop saying bro, bro-ham.