My boyfriend chooses his friends over me?

My boyfriend will often choose going out with his friends instead of spending time with me. This has only started recently as he used to always want to spend time with me. He doesn't even ask me if I want to do things on the weekend sometimes, and will just make plans with his friends before I can ask him. Should I ask him whats up?

What Guys Said 1

• If you have only been dating for a few months this is a natural progression. Usually the friends get totally ignored when a new relationship starts. Once the newness wears off it becomes apparent how much your friends have been ignored so he may feel compelled to make up for lost time. Of course, your SO should always be priority, but it is also important to make time for friends. Once it gets to the point where the friends have become sustained priority this is when you need to sit down and have a little chat.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you tried talking to him about it?