Guys, if your good friend's crush comes to you and tells you she likes your friend, how would you react?

I really like this guy who's in my class. He has showed clear signs of interest for the past semester but hasn't done anything 'concrete' such as ask me out. We have each other's numbers and text occasionally. One of his good friends is also in our class, and he clearly sees what's going on between us. He has set us up a few days ago to "study". I made an opinion after seeing what my crush was doing and saying to me during this hour of "study". So today, I asked his friend if he liked me. He seemed like he was pretending that he didn't know anything (while he had set us up me and my crush many times, and he totally ships us), but I think that he was 'jubilating' inside cause I had finally admitted that I liked his friend. Then he asked me if I liked him and I said "Oh yea, I do. But I want to make sure if he's just flirting for fun or if he actually likes me". Then he said (I quote) "well, he doesn't really know what he wants right now, he's just testing the waters. He seemes to like you a lot though, but I don't know what he's intentions are". He also asked me if I wanted him to try talking to my crush so he would do something according to what he felt. I answered 'Yes' as well. I'm happy that I took this initiative, but I'm worried anyways. I'm looking for a relationship, and I'm afraid that he would just want to play around. I know that we need time to get to know each other and stuff and that it is too early to make any long-lasting future plan whatsoever. What do you guys think?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• The quote" doesn't really know, just testing the waters" is more than likely a front. If their friends they have more than likely talked about it extensively. Its almost a 100% chance he's fully into you

• Do you think so?
      A few days ago, I was sitting behind him and he turned around to talk to me. His face was just a couple inches away from my face! He did that twice! I know that it is a good sign that he's into me!
      However, he hasn't asked me out or suggested to hang out concretely and that's what worries me... wouldn't you grab any occasion to see your love interest outside of class/school?

What Guys Said 4

• God I hate high school drama it's so pathetic and lame, just tell him you like him ffs instead of walking on egg shells

• Ps: we're in college, junior year -_-

• When a guy hesitates to ask you out it means he likes you even more

• Wait, really?

• Waaahahaa! I wouldn't say the L word yet, but it seems like it's on the way to there ;)

• He looooooves you

• The girl should not be the one chasing. The guy should be chasing. HE should be the one inviting you to outings, not the other way around. Girls should be the ones to make the guys put in effort, and then meet them halfway when they're sure that they guy is hooked. If he isn't tugging, don't put in the effort. Chasing after him will probably do nothing but annoy him.

• You got a point and you are sure right. But since I started 'chasing' him (about 3 weeks ago), he makes more efforts and is more 'clingy' (in a good way) than before.

• Ask him out on a date, go to a movie together. Get to know him better. If you go to a movie with him or if you are sitting near him try to touch his hand quick and lock eyes and smile. It worked for me lol

• I already tried asking him, but he was busy and really couldn't cancel his plans... I think it should be him to ask me out now.