Should we explore what's out there!?

Me and my boyfriend met each other when we were 16 and we've been together for 3 years ever since. We love each other very much and everything has been going well! We were both each others' firsts in everything, so neither of us have had any sexual experience other than with each other.

My friends keep telling me that I need to date and be with other guys so I can be more experienced. Me and my boyfriend don't feel this way and we just want to be together.

I figure, after 3 years together, and us both being very mature for our age, we don't really need the "extra experience" of being with other people if we just want to be together.

I was just wondering what other people's opinions on this are because almost all my friends seem to think I'm missing out on something.

What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Your friends should read this (you/your boyfriend are welcomed to of course) >>> link

2. Your boyfriend should read this. Safe to say no guys want to be in his situation, ever. Treasure yourself! :) link

• Thanks for the response, but I don't understand what "My girlfriend moaned her ex husbands name in bed!" has to do with my situation. Lol. but thanks : ) !

• Ohhh haha. I see. Ok. thank you!

But just to be clear, what IS your opinion?

• ...lol... you got it. In my opinion, it depends on how you define "checking around". You can if you want to, but make sure it is not "fooling around". After reading about "Monster's" experience, you know how valuable you are, right? :)

What Guys Said 3

• sometimes it just works out perfectly. Two of my best friends are high school sweethearts, also first in everything been married for 6 years.

• Just stay together.

• My ex and I dated at 18 and 22 through 23 and 26... and she dumped me to "see what else is out there" and I am completely crushed still.. this is nearly half a year ago.. a mutual friend has told me that she has a hard time because at times when things are bad.. I'm not around to fix things.. etc.. I felt the same way as you.. after 3 years, there would be no need for this extra experience as well... she's gonna see really soon that good guys are very hard to come by and will come crawling back.. sorry.. if I wasn't good enough the first time.. I wouldn't be this time..

• So, now that you two aren't together do you feel like you need to go out and "explore", so to speak, other women and sexual experiences? Mabe this is a little personal, but is your ex regrutful and upset about leaving the relationship or is she out there hooking up with other guys?

It's just that everyone I'm around is making it out to be like there's so much out there that I'm missing out on and I don't want to be 25 and regretting my experiences till then if it really is like that.

• Wow. I'm so sorry. That must be so awful. I don't think I could ever leave my boyfriend to fool around withother people. and I'd be heartbroken if he did. Hope everything works out for you.

• Thanks. She'll figure out what she lost someday hopefully.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you guys have something better then going out and experimenting with strangers...My Ex broke up with me because he wanted to do just that. And we were together for 3 years starting in high school just like you guys. Just stick it out you two. It seems to me you have something good.