Would you date a guy shorter or equal height as you?

I personally would not. I did once the guy was about my height and it's just weird. Sorry guys.. I find height in men attractive. I'm 5'2 my boyfriend is 6'1. Here on GAG I've read a lot of guys complain about how girls won't give short guys a chance. So girls, will you date a guy shorter than you?

• Yes I don't care so much for height
  • Hell nah that's just weird

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell Yeah

i'm 6'4 (without shoes and definitely without heels) and my Husband is about 5'8 or 5'9 and i'm totally Love it when my boyfriends are shorter than me

The other day he needed to get into the cupboard and none of us could reach what we needed so he climbed on a chair to get it and i felt really intimidated that i actually got weak in the knees and fell back into the wall (luckily it was like two steps away)

I hate it how most of Society just thinks that Guys must always be taller than the girl, i Call utter BS it's a wonder why tall girls can't find love, hell it took me 5 years to find someone who was willing to ccept my height and not feel intimadated by me

What Guys Said 12

• That'll be weird tho ain't it but then again that probably is some attractive qualities to a dominant 6'2 icelandic giantess who finds little people to be cute and cuddly.

• I'm between 6'3" and 6'4" so I usually don't have to worry about too tall of girls. My height is a love hate relationship.

• I wouldn't date you, you're too short.

• I wouldn't date you either. I have a 6'1 boyfriend sorry.

• At least some guys have a thing for midgets.

• I'm not knocking you, but guys need to get over the fact that women who feel the way you feel exist. Women out number guys in this world and I know not every girl in this world feels the same as you. It's called preferences, we all have them.

• Yea but it creates monsters though, the things I've read on here I can't help but feel for them even if I'm 5"11 and height isn't going to be a preference anymore it's a must now

• Exactly i feel bad for short men because people like her are so vocal about height

• I hear you and agree with what you said @Ulyss about the monsters part, but we can agree to disagree after that. Your taller than I am but I don't care because height is something I can't change. I just feel like guys shouldn't get caught up in something that they can't change. And to the point of the asker, what the people of GaG feel about height doesn't faze me and the height thing is just like a person saying they only like to date within their race. I just don't believe in stressing over things I can't change, that's just me. And again, @Notedkibbles I feel were your coming from because I'm a short guy, but stuff like this poll doesn't faze me since I can only be, love, and have confidence in the short guy I am. I know I've said this like 3 times already, but who cares if people on a blog site feel a way about something. All I need is 1 women in the world to either not care about my height, or like short guys and I"m good.

• A 5'4 gal can refuse dating a shorter guy, im okay with that but if a 6'0 girl bitches about guys' heights, this makes me crazy.

• No, I am straight.

• So I am 5'8 and you are 5'2... do is my height a problem or w guy had to be 6 atleast?

• To sum up girls like her anything below 6ft is short

• I'd say 5'7 or taller would do me good so like 5 inches taller than me and up.

• Oh sweet i just make it then...

• You need to ask this question to tall girls only. Shorter girls rightfully want a taller guy

• Good suggestion maybe that would be more fair :) Because I'm too short I certainly need a huge guy but maybe 6 foot girls will have trouble if she only wants to date guys taller than her.

• why are you leaving tho?

• @jxpxtxr long story short i feel like im done with this site for the time being i think i may come back in the future sometime after i have otten a bit farther in life. One issue is that so many girls want six foot tall guys even the short girls and us average height guys are left feeling inadequate just because we're average. I mean will you really ignore a handsome good average height guy just becauuse he's bot above six feet? I'm not even saying just talll girls just girls in general But anyway height preferences get tiresome for me to hear after a while because almost every girl wants a guy way yaller than me it gets tiring to hear.

• I know how you feel a little, I personally wouldn't date a girl who was over 170lbs.

• Yeah I'm 116. I guess you're too generous with 170.

• Well if I say 150 every woman on this site will downvote me.

• to be honest, you are a little short for me lol, i am 179 cm (5'10.5'')

• My boyfriend is taller than you lol but we don't have problems kissing each other standing up. He's 6'1 he thinks I'm short but he doesn't mind :)

• Well its all personal preferences, i like taller girls 1-3" shorter than me but most guys apparently like short girls

• Yawn here we go another girl making a comment about how short guys are weird and it's so wrong to date them and it's the most important aspect ion the world and even though she's 5 foot 2 she wouldn't date anyne unles they were at least 6 foot and

Look if you really can't get over height then that's one thing with your preference but to make a thread to mock any girl who date a guy shorter than her others who do feel bad or to mock it as the most important aspect is totally wrong!!

We can't help or control or change height, it doesn't affect a person and I am sick to death when people say it's WEIRD!!! For F sake Shut up with all these height threads and keep it to yourself!!! Seriously!! Height can't be helped or changed! It is far from the most important thing in real love!! No wonder divorce rates are up in this world because people are so superficial and would rather date a murderer who's tall than an angel who's short/er!! For f sake dating a guy shorter than the lady is the crime of the century in your eyes is it? Jesus christ!! Shut up for once for god sake!! Thank you

Goes to everything on here who says its 'weird'! Plenty of celebrity dates where the lady is taller than the guy so to all you anti-short guy tall girl dating people just stop it.

• Yawn another short spite thread

What Girls Said 8

• I would date a guy equal or slightly below my height (5'10").

As long as he's not a pinner, super skinny and all, it's cool. I'm actually currently with a guy who's a bit shorter than me. The height difference doesn't affect us negatively in any way. The only people it seems to affect is those who believe in and still follow that societal norm that the guy must be taller and much bigger than his girlfriend or damsel in distress.

• I'm 5"6 and I currently like a guy who is only 5"4...
    I personally didn't notice him for his height. He has a great personality.
    I think any guy has a chance, as long as their personality is good and they can prove that they're a trustworthy, protective and caring figure.

In contrast, would you date a taller guy who is always drunk, can't take care of his responsibilities, or himself? No!
    Or would you date a shorter guy who is a great person, genuine, talented, and the only thing about him is his height?

---
    So if you're a short guy reading this, please never feel down about yourself based on height. Many many relationships work out between tall girls and shorter boyfriends. I'm also going to be proof to you that not all girls look for height in a guy :)

• I'm 5'9" & would date a guy my height or a little shorter
    although I would prefer somebody taller since I would just imagine it to be nice to not always be looked at as the "tall one" (I know I'm not a giant but I'm far taller than most my female friends) and although I'm skinny, people always assume because I'm tall that automatically makes me stronger even tho I can barely lift a 20kg luggage case out of the car and perceive me as more masculine.. lol do you know how annoying it is to permanently be asked to open bottles or to hold heavy doors open and if you fail you just get this flouting look basically saying "wtf you giant are supposed to be stronger than me"? it sucks..

• Your preference makes sense sorry for putting on any kind of spot ^_^

• Good luck wih getting a nice boyfriend lady i always thought you were pretty cute.

• ill be honest, probably not unless his character was unlike anything I've ever met in my life.

• Whats your cut off height?

• Phew im 5 7 just barely made it id prefer to be five eight but ill take what i can get for now

• why does it matter lol, no offence. @hypno-trip

• nope because i am short myself

• I did... and then he grew... and then he was as tall as me... and now he's taller than me. Still speaking as if he were to stay short (like say he was mostly done growing) i guess it depends. If he's just a little shorter it's fine but if we're standing out here looking like mother and son because he's up to my waist I might not be as attracted. Of course I'm 5'2" so the window is pretty open for me.

• My ex-boyfriends height and mine are the same. While like you I usually find tall guys attractive, I realized when you catch feelings for someone the height wouldn't matter at all. I'm 5'4 and is now fancying a guy an inch shorter.

• It's true though I was once madly crushing over this 5'4 guy :)

• Nope I like to feel petite next to a guy.

• Exactly! That's why I want a huge boyfriend! I don't wanna feel like he's my son walking next to me you know.

• how tall are you?

• I'm 5'5" but yea it's the masculine factor