What does it mean he needs time to think whether we should become bf/gf?

Me and this guy been seeing each other for about 8 months (a ridiculous long amount of time to be dating). Lately he been asking me who he is to me, and that he wants to let me know I'm the only girl he's seeing. I'm very special to him and he care about me and likes me a lot. I like him too but since he takes forever to ask me out, I asked him out yesterday. He said he really need some time to think about it deep down he already knew he has to think about it awhile ago. I've met all his siblings and close friends and we hold hand and kiss in public. I remembered a few months ago he said he has trust issue and he's single for 2 years already. But if he likes me that much why does he need time to think about it? Why doesn't he just say yes? Maybe he doesn't like me that much or am I unattractive to be his girl? Why does he need time to think about this? I thought we're already together...

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he needs some time to know if he's committed

• So does that imply he's seeing other people?

What Guys Said 2

• He has trust issues, and maybe because he was deceived by his ex, he doesn't wanna be deceived again, so he has to take some time to think about it first. And he probably wants you to prove to him that your feelings towards him are true.

• His trust issue wasn't from his ex but rather from his family. A long time ago, a friend of mine took my phone when I was busy talking to my other friend I took a picture of his penis and sent it to him. He said it cuts him very bad seeing that picture he thought I was fooling around. I explained to him he said okay he trusts me but always ask about it...

• He's always sad for no reason like always. Almost everyday he'll text me saying he's so sad and asked why and he said he doesn't know why he just feel sad. How can I cheer him up if I don't know why he's sad? I tried to be there for him and listen to whatever he has to say and come over to hang out if he wants but besides that I don't know what else can I do? :( He gets sad very easily I've to say..

• Just stay by his side and continue to comfort him :D He'll be okay soon. It just takes time.

• He's probably two timing yo with someone else and doesn't want to commit to either...

• That's what I was thinking!!! I certainly hope it's not true though but what else can it be?

• Sorry to be the harbinger of bad tidings but that is what sprang straight to my head and I'm usually not too far off the mark being a bloke myself and having pulled a stunt or two in my time I'd be very suspicious.

What Girls Said 3

• I had a friend in university who has a situation just like yours, that took her (now boyfriend) a long time to decide and commit.
    Every guy is different, it may be family factors and other things, also stress and life in general. Try to be understanding to him and his situation. If you guys are so close now, there's no reason to resort to thinking that anything is wrong. Give him some time and he'll come along. It's good that you have told him how you feel. :)

• Aww thank you :) You might be right I've been having lots of family problems lately I think that could very possibly be a factor. As long as he's not taking time trying to think if it's worth it to be my boyfriend and having to get rid of other girls he might be seeing behind my back then I'm happy.

• No problem :)

• Maybe he's not ready for another relationship, maybe he doesn't know if he's ready for the commitment of being in one, and there is also a possibility he may be doing the same things with you- with other girls.

• I don't see why he's not ready to be in a relationship and committed to me if he likes me as much as he says he does.

The only reason I can think of is he has several girls and needs time to think whether it's worth it to be with me and get rid of all other girls :/ which sucks because I keep thinking this is the reason that's why I'm asking this question to see maybe there's other reasons he needs time not just the reason I've been tortuning myself about...

• He is uncertain of his feelings for you. He doesn't know what he wants.