Girls, What does it mean if you do this?

When I meet girls for the first time , they seem to be outgoing around other guys.

Howvever when they see me they smile at first, but seem nervous and don't talk really. Sometimes they seem to ignore me for no reason and talk to other guys to divert attention.

The thing is when random girls are in a group , they tease me, give attention and flirt.

So why are girls acting like they are scared of me when they are by themselves but so giggly when they are as a group?

Opinions please.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• "However when they see me they smile at first, but seem nervous and don't talk really."
    They find you attractive and are probably intimidated by you.

"Sometimes they seem to ignore me for no reason and talk to other guys to divert attention."
    Probably because they already smiled as you as a go-ahead, and you still didn't do anything to make a move on them.

"The thing is when random girls are in a group , they tease me, give attention and flirt. So why are girls acting like they are scared of me when they are by themselves but so giggly when they are as a group?"
    Self-consciousness. They won't have to worry about being singled out for doing something they think you won't like for when in a group of girls as much as they do when they're alone by themselves and all your attention is on her.

• Thanks :) How can I ask out one of the girls?

• haha.. I will try dating expert ;)

• I'm not, but good luck!

What Girls Said 7

• Girls could be doing this for a number of reasons--it could be your physical attributes or an aura you have that just intimidates them. Girls are more confident around their friends, so this could also be the case :)

• Do you think they find me funny? I don't do anything loud or anything. I am polite !!

• Girls are cunning, manipulative spiders... Not all , but many !!

• Cunning manipulative spiders, eh? That's one I haven't heard XD. But you're right, they are manipulative.

• Generally if a girl does that she could be interested and is just nervous if you like her too.

• they are probably nervous or shy

• Thanks :) How can I ever get them to open up and talk to me?

• The group is like a security blanket.

• Thanks :) So what is their intention?

• It can be really scary to talk to someone you like one on one. If there is a group, you don't generally have to worry about uncomfortable silences or what to say. Someone is always talking in a group.

• I c :) Sometimes girls if they are not quiet one on one talk about weird subjects. Like this one girl started to talk about how she was nauseous a few days ago and having cramps. I politely suggested her to see a doctor and she casually mentioned a boyfriend.
      I thought why would a girl I just met talk such a strange thing to me and then mention a boyfriend? Why do girls act quiet or strange around me?

• Are you tall or anything?

• Haha :p Not tall... Around 6 foot.

• Thats weird, it sounds like she's playing games but i dont know the purpose of her game

• The girls avoid me and act nice in between ;)

• They're nervous and probably like you! Or they find you intimidating, maybe if your quite loud and arrogant

• Thanks :) I am more of a quiet, shy person... Not loud or stuck-up !!

• They get tongue tied because they are attracted. Happens to me all the time.

• Be nice, polite. Friendly. Talk to them. It takes a little time but they will ease up.

• Cool :)