Which gender is more shallow, girls or guys?

Personally, I feel girls are more shallow, because for guys, we have to be tall, smart, funny, fit, have a high level of education, good job, good money, high social status, and a lot of confidence. Not to mention the onus is on us to make the first move.

For girls, as long as you're not overly fat, guys will chase you.

• Guys are more shallow
  • Girls are more shallow

Most Helpful Guy

• Right. Most women think that they seserve a Pwince charming. U preach it 👌🏼
    No cuties in here has made a valid argument against urs so i declare u the winner 👋🏻

What Girls Said 14

• Wow.

You're trying to prove girls are more shallow, but then you reduce girls to their appearance? Ummmmmmm... I have sad news for you friend.

• As if girls don't care about appearance... Plus all the other requirements I've mentioned.

Most (99%) of girls are decent looking anyways, so they don't have to do much to attract a guy, besides not getting extremely fat.

Guys on the other hand, have to be born tall, good looking, funny, intelligent, witty, confident, and have a great career/good money. It's definitely much harder for us to attract girls than it is for you to attract guys, and a big part of that is because of the high standards girls have, which adds to your shallow needs.

• Ahhh! TYSM for understanding T-T I totally agree. A guy could be millionaire super model and if he has a crummy personality or is boring to be around most girls would nope out.

• I've seen much more millionaire supermodel douchebags with women than I have with ugly nice guys with great personalities.

• So what you're saying is... Guys care about whether or not a girl's attractive, and girls care about more than that? Then how are we the shallow ones? Lol

• Height matters because if you're shorter than the girl, you have a very slim chance. Thats pretty shallow. Physical attractiveness is subjective, but looks do matter. And not all girls care about money/job but just the fact that there are so many gold diggers makes the female gender, on average, more shallow.

As opposed to guys, where looks are the only shallow standard. If you look good, the rest depends on personality, which is not shallow at all

• Lol asker, you crack me up.

• BOTH GENDERS ARE EQUALLY SHALLOW.

P. S. I'm not fat and guys don't chase me.

• I love how in the poll: most girls tend to view guys as more shallow, and most guys tend to view girls as more shallow.
    I actually voted that girls are more shallow, which is something I have to admit. Seeing all the teens my age and even younger putting on tons of makeup, spending lots on clothes, reveals some of their physical shallowness. Also that I've noticed a lot of girls are always setting high standards such as "guys have to be TALL, handsome, sporty..."etc based on pure looks alone... this makes me believe that girls are more shallow.

But I do think that there is a good handful of different types of people in both genders, I do not mean to generalize.

• Shallow is the same as superficial. This is a human trait that is shown in different. A shallow woman when looking for a partner only cares for instance about how wealthy he is. A shallow man when looking for a partner only cares for instance about a woman's looks.

Having more criterias you desire your future partner to have is absolutely not shallow.

• I think it's pretty equal but I voted for men being more shallow. Men care more about appearances than women do, in my experience.

• Bwhahahahha

• It's not exactly which gender, its more on each person individually, a few people who are "shallow" doesn't mean the rest of the gender is :)

• both are shallow as hell...

• No stop, both can be shallow. I get put down by guys at school for my apperance but I don't get on G@G and generalize about them..

• "Guys aren't shallow all they care about is your appearance"

um.. lol.

• Guys care about appearance.

Girls care about appearance, social status, career, confidence, height, wit, humor, etc..

• It's all about the people you look at.

People who think they're hot shit want all of that, and more. Girl or Guy.

• There are more hot girls than there are hot guys. So more girls think they're hot than guys, which means more of them have higher standards, which means, the gender, on average, becomes more shallow.

• I get where you say girls are more shallow; a lot of us have many standards, and date just for the likes on Facebook. Sometimes I feel as if it's the guys who tend to look more towards deeper and more genuine relationships rather than girls.

• We are both equally shallow, I think you're confusing guys with the media. It's the media that's pressuring women to be a certain way.

• depends on the person, not the gender

What Guys Said 10

• I would say its about equal.
    Guys are always made out to be ultra shallow and sex obsessed... but then in poles (and im not just talking about GaG) guys tend to find personalities more important than looks, and find eyes more attractive than secondary sexual characteristics. They also are generally more sensative than they let on.
    Girls are always made to be very deep and sensitive, but compared to guys they have far more solid "minimum standards" of physical attractiveness.. Further girls talk about sex in a disturbing level of physical detail which would make most guys blush.

• We all have preferences that fall upon both genders, I don't see how it makes anyone shallow.

• TBH , both can really be shallow

When women reject to know / talk to someone because of reason ( x ) , and that ( x ) is related to one of the things u said above , then yes she is shallow

BUT , many of my friends , have a trend of knowing a girl , getting what they *want* from her , and then just never be seen again , and trust me those guys are increasing by the days too

Soooo , both can be shallow , no one can say which is more than the other

• it's all about tall, dark and handsome. You can see in every day life how majority of girls stand in line to get a taste of a highly attractive male, while they discard 95% of other males.

guys on the other hand, can be happy with everything that has a pussy and is not fat/ugly (at least 50% of the girls).

• We're both shallow.

• It's not gender specific, it's people specific you misogynyst.

• Definitely girls, they judge you very harshly based on your social status, wealth, and looks.

• girls. whyt do you think guys try to look well off and look stylish>?

• Man and women are just shallow in different ways, both are shallow to some extent.

• Not gender specific.