Do attractive guys only go for attractive girls?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys value looks more than women, do, but personality plays a huge role. I've had women that I've not found to be anything special physically, but once I got to know them my interest in them skyrocketed.

I've even had a woman I'd made small talk with at work a couple times, then a few months later I ran across her profile on a dating app and after seeing we had a lot in common my interest again skyrocketed.

Not everyone will be drop dead gorgeous, but if you put in some effort to learn how to dress well, take care of your face and hair, and stay in shape, you will be able to attract pretty much any partner you want if you have a personality too.

Just remember that no matter how attractive you are, there will always be people who aren't attracted to you. My best friend and I often have completely different opinions on the women we find attractive.

• Wrong women care about looks just as much height, defined jaw line, muscles are all physical features.

What Guys Said 31

• Attractive girls only date attractive guys
    Attractive guys only date attractive girls.
    Hence the meaning of the word 'Attractive'...
    Obviously some factors come into play, some people have different definition of what attractive is (I find things attractive that 95% of other guys find ugly). But, Generally, Most hot guys want a hot girl. Anyone who says otherwise is just clueless xD.

• It also makes hardly any sense to "down date" since I strangely have offspring in my mind when it comes to dating which is actually just very casual, It's an instinct. But once you reach a level of attractiveness that reaches beyond most others' , than you have a problem.

• ^Exactly ;)

• Of course they do, no guy will go for an unattractive girl, and no girl will go for an unattractive guy, but it has to be said that what's ugly to you, may be attractive to them.
    So you may think you're not too attractive, but for that hot guy sitting over there, you may be a total beauty.

• Not necessarily
    A lot of attractive guys do lower their standards for casual sex. Like a lot of the guys who have slept with a lot of girls did it by lowering their standards and hooking up with less attractive girls.

However for committed relationships, guys are less likely to lower their standards and usually prefer a girl who is equally attractive or better.

• yea guys are more shallow than girls they will only want attractive girls unless they are weird in some way

• Disagreed. Women are just as much or more. Have u seen what girl take when they can have it all? The choose the wealthy guy and tell people he has a good personality. It's taboo to like money and lifestyle so they lie.

• Girls are just as shallow girls like height and muscles. Has someone blind folded you with dental floss?

• Girls are shallow too i won't deny @Floyd790

• not necessarily
    i have dated plenty of girls who were not as good looking as me, well at least according to my friends

what matters most is how the girl makes me feel, i know i can get a girl easily, a pretty one to, but i want a girl that makes me feel good, before i want a girl thats hot and annoying

• Almost always, attractive guys will only date attractive girls. I know no good-looking guys who have ever dated girls who weren't at least decent looking. On the other hand, I know a good few girls who have dated under average guys. Looks seem to be more important for guys while girls are a little more forgiving and will give a guy with a great personality more of a chance.

• I don't think it's fair to call guys shallow though. It's just the way our brains are wired. We're naturally different to girls in that way.

• Obviously everybody goes for what they consider attractive. What is attractive is highly subjective though.

• Based on the feedback I got on this site, I'm attractive , and I have my type of girl I find attractive and hence am attracted to. So , according to this logic, I exclusively fancy attractive girls.

• Not necessarily. But, biologically, people tend to go after people who are around the same "level" of attractiveness as they are. Its just kind of like... why would the fit, athletic male go for a female who is 250 lbs and sits on the couch all day eating Cheetoes and playing video games? Same thing works out vice versa.

I'm not saying its right. That's just the way it is.

• i would say definitely not, I often get told i look handsome (and no, it's not just by my mum XD) plus, I'm a pretty funny guy and I'm told girls like that a lot. but personally, i tend to go for a girl who doesn't 'know she's beautiful and flaunt it' but someone who i can make feel beautiful. preferably, the girl would be a bit heavier too (but that's more of a sexual preference)

• Oh course not always buy most people pursue others they find attractive if that's what you mean by attractive.

• Nah I don't think they do not as much as women think they are at least. Just be decent looking and have a shitty personality and you're game

• They start off that way initially. But around their 20s, some realise they want to be the star or taken care of better and go for less looking girls who have more personality and love.

Good looking people are known to be the worst lovers. Their main job is to look god and people feed off the status they get being around them.

Yes beauty is related to status

• I tend to go for attractive girls. But who I consider attractive may not be attractive to someone else.

• I don't like to date sexy 10/10s I date the cute /pretty girls who are like 8/10 but comfortable to look at. haven't really dated a chubby/ big girl

• beauty is subjective. I may find someone super attractive while another may not.

• Not necessarily

• yeah, because those guys will always feel they deserve better, same way as attractive women go for attractive men.

• Well all kind of guys go for different things. Also a guy being attractive doesn't mean that he'll get the attractive girl at all. I've seen the most ugly guys with most attractive girls and these guys weren't even rich.

• I don't think I'm that good looking, but if there are 100 attractive girls within my circle, I will go for the most attractive one based on my opinion. For your info, in the past I have been attracted to a girl my friends don't think attractive.

• Generally yes. A lot of guys are unbelievably shallow.

• For the most part, yes.

• I approach attractive women more but if I like a woman, I dont judge that on her looks alone

• No, guys will only go for girls they themselves find attractive. Same with girls

• Only if they have a good personality.

• not all of them do... but then leagues exist, it's just how it works.

• Its not like that.
    It depends on the guy's preferences !

• Only the shallow douchbag do. Nobody needs that kind of person anyway.

• So ur implying bfs of pretty girls are douchebags? And pretty girls going for good looking guys, are sluts?

Pretty ignorant for a older dude. If u can date model chicks, u would. Seems like ur not the type who can bag them

• Read the question. Guys that only go for hot girls are shallow. They go for that just for looks before knowing the person. Did you hear me say hot girls are sluts? No. I would date a model chick if she was cool an not because she was hot. Looks only go so far. As far as knowing my type, you have now clue from reading two sentences I wrote. I don't have to justify to you or anyone what I am and I have done, but I have had my share of hot girls. I also respect them more than to tell people I "bagged" them.

• sorry but yes.

• Hell no. I'm considered above average in looks department and I go for "average" looking girls. I actually like average looking girls more because I love certain body parts bigger on a girl that hot girls don't have. Whats considered hot is just what society thinks is best.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 10

• For the most part, yeah.

• Seeing as attraction is subjective, I would think it depends. Someone told me a story of a handsome man (his words, I don't know what he looked like) who had a repulsive wife... and he understood why he married the woman: because the woman's personality was amazing.

... Good for that dude. I couldn't do it.

• they will go for only people they find attractive weather you fine someone attractive physically or if you find their personality attractive. to answer your question yes people always go for people they find attractive. all people do. it would be dumb to say people don't go for people they find attractive. however everyone's idea of soemone who is attractive is different.

• Mostly Yes but it really depends on the person. We all are different. I've seen attractive guys being in a relationship with just average looking girls. Maybe we all have our different understanding of what we think is really attractive for us. And honestly, I still believe that what's more important is the attitude too. Sometimes good attitude makes you attractive. Hope that helps! Thank you and God bless! :D

• This is funny cause not long ago someone posted a question titled "are hot guys only like ugly girls? what about us that sexy, hot?" or something like that.

so no, attractive guys don't always go for attractive girls.

• No some really attractive guys will go for chicks that aren't as hot as them.

• yeah but the girl still has to be attractive. like a prime brad pitt is probably far better looking than let's say an anne hathaway who most people find plain looking. even if he dated her she's still far above average.

• @weirdoldmann well yeah a 10 guy probably won't go lower than a 5. Though most people are 5's.

• Me If I was conceited Ha Ha

• No. Attractive guys go for the girl that they like.

• wrong, majority of attractive guys only go out with girls that are decent looking. i dont know any good looking friend of mine that dated a chubby or not pretty girl.

• he stays with her now. Do you not think he has ample offers from beautiful women, much younger and more beautiful women?

• I was with chubby gals. They had great personalities.

• Everyone's perception of beauty is different! So I don't think that is necessarily a true statement.

• No, not always.

• Not all the time. You'd be surprised how far a good personality + femininity can take you. I'm physically attractive and feminine looking but I'm also boring and have the personality and body language of a man so I have had many guys drop my ass for girls who were less attractive.