Is high school dating all it's cracked up to be?

Okay, so I'm a stellar student (4.3 GPA) and do five extra curriculars, four of which I'm a leader in. I want to get into Annapolis Naval Academy, thus, I have pushed the idea of having a boyfriend aside for quite a while.

but now I have doubts, is it really that great? I'm very attractive (scouts honor ;3) and have a serious-bubbly personality, yet no guys approach me. Am I missing out on anything good or should I just wait until later in life?

what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Like I feel like I am missing a fun part of high school. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not all that. Some people don't even remember last names of their old school boyfriends/girlfriends later on in life. It's an experience of some teenage years I guess, but so are extra curricular activities, or for some, getting drunk often.
    Relationships are better when you're slightly older, but both can be fun. But really, unless you just want a boyfriend so much, there's no harm in waiting. You're not missing anything big. Plus, a lot of young people just have a boyfriend just to have a boyfriend, not because they just happened to meet a great guy they got feelings for. There's no point really.

Also, one thing my friend said to me once always stuck with me. I had a boyfriend and my guy friend asked would I ever marry the guy, I said probably not, and he said what's the point then. I was like basically I'm not thinking of marriage right now, and he said well relationships are meant to build towards something, if you can't see yourself with him for the rest of your life, what's the point in being together, not that you should think of marriage now, but any guy you use your time on should at least be marriage material and somebody you can imagine growing old with.
    And it's true. Like why be in a relationship just because, even if he's a great guy there's no point, you might aswel just call it exclusive fuck buddies while you're waiting for "Mr Right"
    And in reality, how many relationships from school last til even 20 let alone for 10, 20 or 30 years.

It's experiences yea, but it's not an unmissable one or one that will be at your detriment if you miss out on it. And like I said, everything you do when you're a teen, it's all an experience, and all of it will be looked back on fondly when you're older, you'll miss your teen years when you're old, boyfriend or not. So ultimately, it's fun, but not essential.

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like you are way too busy to focus on dating,
    you will need to find a guy just as busy as you

• Of course it is. It turns out its not cracked up to be much, but it is indeed all that it is cracked up to be.

What Girls Said 5

• Boys are immature little twerps in high school. You're not missing a damn thing (it also doesn't sound like you actually have time for a boyfriend).

• You don't have a sensuality about you at 15. Too young.

• Not really since your young, not allowed much freedom to go out, not sure of what you want, etc.

• Not to come off rude in any way possible, but judging by this little slip on info that I have of you, maybe try and come off a little more modest?

And It's completely fine to wait.

• No it's not I think it's a waste of time and that getting into college is more important, that's where the dating happens. That's MY opinon though, you can date if you want, and go to prom ( you don't need a date though, trust me) if you want.