Would you date a guy who is unemployed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never say never, every situation is different. But in most cases, I'd say probably not. Being unemployed isn't an option as an adult. So he should either sort through that before getting in a relationship, or shortly after getting into one. I would not continue to date a guy long term who wouldn't get a job.

• What if he's getting a monthly income but, not from a job

• @KidInk4, like from what? Disability? Social Security? Inheritance/Allowance? Social security would mean too old for me. Inheritance without a job could mean a lot of laziness and entitlement. Disability is the only one to truly consider, and even then, I work in a hospital and the majority of people on it are abusing it. Ex: I'm too anxious to get to work on time. So it would depend on his condition, which opens up a whole new can of worms.
      Again, I never say never, but none of those things appeal to me much. It's not just about having the money, it's about what holding down a job or owning a business says about you.

What Guys Said 9

• I'd date a girl whos unemployed, but it doesn't work that way for guys right? lol

• When i first dated my wife she was unemployed for a while, but it did not bother me, why, because i fell in love with her, for who she was. Strangely, i have seen many many men get turned down because their unemployed, i guess it will change, and i think its becoming harder for guys to find jobs.

• Our generation (the millennial a as they call us ) have to support the baby boomers, and it's only going to get tougher to find jobs

• yeah i agree, i can see how tough it is for the millennial's to get jobs, i pray and hope...

• I'd date a girl who was unemployed

• not a guy... but if a gal was unemployed, y not? i'm indifferent

• I dont think most girls would which is why im pressurred to get good employment

• I would date a girl that's unemployed

• Here's a scenario... the guy is a millionaire, has shares and property investments to turn over an income for him and doesn't need a job, so spends his time travelling around the world or feeding the homeless orphaned kittens

• For a while or for the long haul?

If he has no means of contributing or supporting anyone/anything and will do nothing about it, hell no.

• No they wouldn't because it's all about money!

What Girls Said 9

• I'm unemployed too, so yes.

• Yeah as long as he was trying to find work

• Yes I could always help him find a jobhis financial status sshouldn't be to much of an impact unless we're living together

• Yeah, why not? I don't have a real job yet myself, so anything else would make me a hypocrite.

• I would but if all he does is want to lay on a couch and be useless. Then after a point it would get annoying.

• Nope. I am not going to be anyone's meal ticket, nor do I believe that men would want me to see them in the same way.

• Men don't care if she's working or not, as long as he's making a lot of money. If he's not, and she's not real doing much I anything like peg, then we're going to start to care, it's annoying

• Yes as long as he can suppport himself. Same if I would date a woman, she can be unemployed but I will not support her financially.

If someone becomes unemployed during the course of the relationship I will of course support!

• yes i did and now he has a good job and he loves me and i love him and after three and a half years we are still together

• i have and i'd do it again

• "no woman here in asia would be ok with dating a man working a temporary job let alone unemployed." I'm confused, are you the exception to your statement?

• I don't really blame them to be honest. There is more you can get with money as opposed to looks and more security.