Why would a guy I've been talking to for a few months have his friends message me on Facebook and ask if I'm dating anyone?

I started hanging out with a guy in the beginning of March. Since then, I've been trying to get a job. Then for the last month I've been busy working a new job and haven't seen the guy I've been talking to. We've attempted to hangout since then but my work schedules been crazy. Since I've been talking to him, I've had his guy friends ask me to meetup with them ( alone ) and has had his friends message me on Facebook and ask if I'm dating anyone? Then when I ask why they'd like to know? They say because they'd like to meet up for drinks or take me to dinner? I did mention to him back in March that I've just been trying to focus on getting my life together. We've gone on 1 date before. (Me and the guy I've been talking to)

What Guys Said 1

• Because he's shy (or stupid) probably.

• I think probably, both. 💁🏻

What Girls Said 1

• Wow that's really sad how pathetic he is, assuming he asked them to do that. Is this guy a lot younger or something?

• He's 31 and I'm 28. He's only had one real girlfriend before. Every other time he's gotten screwed over with girls using him or he would find out that they had a boyfriend already.

• Well then he's clearly doing it out of insecurity.