Anybody else think dating is too much work?

I am 25. I have never dated in my life. I have never approached a woman, I have never kissed a woman, and I haven't had sex. Men have to approach a woman, wine and dine them, communicate with them, and keep them interested. That to me, puts me off of dating. I like to play video games, watch netflix, working out, playing guitar, and sometimes occasionally DJing for my friends college parties. If I got a girlfriend, she'd make give that up for her and I'd rather be single than have a woman change me. Frankly, I find dating and romancing women tedious, overrated, and too much work. Anybody else feel the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope I don't think it is. You're free to do or think whatever you want and if you're satisfied with your life now, then kudos

What Girls Said 3

• It's not always simple, it's true but I find that a relationship I way more pro than cons in a person't life. We both have to make it work. I always though that my relationship felt right, I feel like myself and so does he.

It's not for everybody, some people just stay single all their life.

• Why does everything have to be easy in life? Why do you think only "easy" things can be enjoyable?

• Because easy things are simple. Women aren't easy.

• I think what's overrated is comfort and easy.

• I guess we just disagree. I prefer life easy and drama-free. Simple really.

• When you find the right girl, everything else in your life will seem less important than her. And not all girls want to wine and dine. I played video games, watched netflix, worked out, and ate at random ass places with my ex and we had a great time. :)
    It's only a lot of work in terms of emotions... you gotta work on the relationship and deal with arguments and stuff. But the pleasure is usually worth the pain.

• The right girl doesn't exist.

• How about never will.

• Why are you so cynical? She probably doesn't exist because you won't let anyone in. That or you expect way too much, or are tired of being rejected.

What Guys Said 4

• ya being a leader is work, being a follower is not, and since guys have to take the lead in dating, this is a no-brainer answer.

• Obviously for guys more than girls

• You are not alone brah. Women wanted equal social status and yet they still expect the guy to put on the moves. Talk about a contradiction.

• Not me. I guess that first date is a drag... but it is nice to have someone in your life

• I guess I think otherwise.