How do I tell my parents I have a boyfriend? I need help?

My parents are extremely... EXTREMELY old fashioned and very strict. But i need to tell them i havr a boyfriend. We met online and im gonna lie and say we met at an ice skating place. If i tell the truth they will assume he's a serial killer and a rapist and it was a disaster the last time i told them about a boyfriend. How should i go about this?

(Dating for 3 months)

Most Helpful Guy

• No offense, but hopefully your parents are smart enough to know you have already been lying to them about things - and have been "going with it" and waiting on you to come forward and tell them whats really going on - even if it happens to be something they don't like. Its sort of a "parent" thing - we often have a good idea when our children are lying to us or covering things up - especially when they go out of their way with "big" things they don't like. Best advice, just go ahead and tell them, they probably already know. And you will feel much better once you have gotten if off your chest - whether they knew or not.

What Guys Said 1

• If u r 19 as u mention then i believe there's no need 2 b afraid and they shouldn't judge u since u r an adult now :)

What Girls Said 3

• umm i would start making stories about this guy. make him sound awesome to your parents. just keep telling them stories until they almost get to know them as much as you do. if it goes well i would spill it. i would say do this for a few weeks until you think they respect him. that is what i would do. I hope it goes well!!! and this helped

• It's a bad idea to meet anyone online, know matter how nice they may seem. How long have you known each other?

• 3 months and I've been online sinse i was 14, ifirst met someone in personnwhen i was 17, and its not bad. Its also the way most people date now

• Yeah ur 24, im 19. Same generation, different childhoods. I dated a 25 year old once, and he told me what he did as a kid and i admit even 6 to 8 years older than me you live differently. I had a neighbor like that, but they moved. I know where he works and lives and goes to shool and i do admit we did click but I don't know we were little kids. Now we are both borderline adults and we should date and i should surprise him at his job (havent seen him in years) :(

• Oh yeah my point is, you make a good point

• dont tell them.