Do you think it's pointless to date in high school?

Since most of the time high school relationships don't last past hight school anyways. think its ultimately pointless to date at that time?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's pointless to date in high school.

I know most high school relationships don't last past high school but people do marry their "high school sweetheart." I actually think this is a former trend which is starting to come back, at least in my area of the United States.

It also depends on the person. For some people, it's pointless, for others, it's not. Most girls in high school are mature enough for a relationship but the guys just want sex.

What Girls Said 5

• No, I don't think it's pointless, but I wish teens would stop thinking that they are going to marry the person they are dating. Most likely they aren't. When I've dated people in HS I have never once believed that I would some day marry them. I may be a dreamer, but I'm also a huge realist too. My best friend thinks he's going to marry his girlfriend, but I doubt they'll last the at the least 4 months into the school year.

• Not at all, high school sweethearts are cute. Sometimes having a (healthy) relationship can help you blossom into a mature young adult. I went to prom with my high school sweetheart & though it didn't work out I don't regret it, we had many good times. Even if it doesn't work out or something terrible happens (which is unfortunate but true) It's a part of life.

• I haven't had a relationship since I've been out of high school. My parents were high school sweethearts been married 21 years with 2 children. So no I dont think it's pointless for that reason

• Not at all. I knew a couple that got married. It lasted 3 years I think but they were together since grade school. :D

• Seems like a waste to me.

What Guys Said 3

• Not at all, my own aunt and uncle were high school sweethearts, they've been married for like 20-25 years happy as can be, two kids, two grand kids, a step son and daughter lol.

• Only if it doesn't last at least two years.

• Yea i didn't date in highschool or college but a lot of people do so its not pointless for wveryone