Would you convert to your partners religion to be with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, converting is an artificial concept. One cannot change beliefs just like that. Anyone who tries is just playing with it.

I don't mind what religion a future partner of mine will be as long as she doesn't try to change me. She has to allow any children to be brought up neutral on religion until they are old enough to decide what they want for themselves. I will also not allow her religion to impinge on the day to day running of the family. The family must come first!

I feel it would be much easier for me to enter a mixed race marriage where there are no issues on religion than to enter a mixed religion marriage.

What Guys Said 29

• You should only convert to a religion for love and understanding of the religion. NOT for the love of a person following that religion.

• If the partner wants you to change your religion for them.. then they don't love you as you are. They have built up an image of you in their head and they're acting according to it. This is just the beginning, soon many more changes are to come. It is a very bright red signal. This is the cue to get the fuck out of a relationship before it causes you harm.

• That would involve me actually getting a religion... I don't think I would be in a relationship with someone whose religion is that close to them that they would need me to become what they are... though I think atheism is slightly different.

I know my cousin who is protestant is marrying a Muslim man. They having their marriage recognized by both religions. (not sure how). So people shouldn't have to switch around and such, that is silly to me.

• I don't have a religion I don't believe in anything that dies not exist. I wouldn't mind anyone I dated feeling different but I'd never change what I believe for them or anyone else.

• Certainly not.
    I'd inform me about it, even attend readings, but convert? No.

• No way, Jose.

If I don't firmly believe in something then I am not supporting it whatsoever. There was this Muslim girl who liked me a lot but wanted me to convert to Islam so her parents would allow me to date her or summat and I said no. I didn't expect her and wouldn't expect any other person to renounce their religion for me, either.

• I would because I don't believe in any of that crap anyway so if she wants me to say I'm whatever religion then I would as long as I'm still hitting it.

• No I don't need to either my parents are so awesome XD they are Muslim and I am not and they still love me XD

• no, if my partner needed me to convert then it would mean she doesn't accept me as i am so not a good start to a relationship

• They have to be some denomination of christian or I can't be with them seriously.

• Personally it would have to be the same denomination

• There isn't much difference between denominations other than catholic vs christian. Other than that unless you're in the south and still with a church that doesn't like interracial relationships, it's all the same basic belief.

You're pretty young though, when you get older you'll realize we all believe in Jesus, and we're all going to the same place after we die. After that it just becomes differences in tradition.

• Unless the other person is fully convinced that the religion they are converting to is for them it wouldn't work otherwise it would be a mockery

• I am sorry but no, I always have been and always will be a Pentecostal until the end.

• Depends on the religion.

Judaism, Christianity, Islam and their offshoots are out.

I would consider Germanic Neopaganism, Satanism, Neo-Druidism, Pastafarianism or something in that vein.

• @arabianpwincess197 anyday baby 💏

• No. Im not changing myself for someone else. They either have to deal with me being a different religion or i won't be with them. But honestly really religious people annoy me so i probably wouldn't be with them anyway lol

• No, I'd be crucified first. They must either be Christian, preferably Catholic, or it's a no-go.

• No I wouldn't, I can't just change what I believe just like that. And even if I did it wouldn't truly consider myself to be of that religion so I would feel like I would be deceiving people.

• I would only convert when i feel that is the right thing todo

• No no way this could happen

• Neither she nor I expect it of each other.

• No.

I will not change myself for my partner.

• It's impossible. I can pretend to convert, but I would actually still be a non religious person.

• i will not, but some does

• Sorry baby, I won't, I can't...

• Not if my religion actually meant anything to me.

• No, it seem like I didn't have a strong faith in a religion and my view can be change by anyone. This is bad because religion is serious and need more commitment. Once you are truly understand and accept the point in the religion and thought it was suitable for you then you can follow your partner.

• only if she was the same religion as me. Otherwise no.

• No because it's not my choice. Unless I'm already religious and go from one religion to another, I can't decide to believe in god when I never did in the first place.

Pretending to become christian or muslim because my partner is, is retarded because I would be an eternal phoney, just because I wanted to pound her for the rest of my life.

How disgusting.

• Not a chance.

What Girls Said 22

• No, I would not convert my religion for anyone. I would only be interested in dating someone who already shared my belief system.

• i think dating a non religious person would solve this issue

• no loooll. Im an atheist and could never become religion.
    I think it is weird. First they belmive something and then they have a partner and then suddenly they believe something else? What the hell.
    Seems like really weak faith to me where your not really convinced about it in the first place.

• No definitely not happening.

• Unacceptable.

• Absolutely not. I'd talk to him to tell him about the wonders of my religion CATOLISISM, and let him choose if he gets touched by my Lord to convert himself or not.

• Lol nope. I used to be Christian, stopped when I was about 12. I will never very go back. It conflicts with my morals.

• Nope. No way. I'm not prepared to change my surname if I marry someone let alone convert to their religion.

• Not a chance. Even if I did, it wouldn't mean anything because I don't believe in god.

• Absolutely not. I actually wouldn't date anyone religious to begin with, I always ask before I get involved with anyone. Saves time.

• Mostly people djust to be with their lover till their death.. but i won't and i would never

• I would not date a religious person.

• BIG no. I am not religious but I'd stick to my religion no matter what.

• No and someone who loves u should never ask that of u.

• No, I wouldn't expect either of us to change our beliefs or religion to be together.

• No. Christian or I don't dare you.

• Nope, never. I only go after non-religious guys.

• No, if it's what I deeply believe, why should I?

• No, religion is a self walk with the God almighty.

• hmm no.. i want my partner to convert his religion into mine..

• I changed religions frequently as a kid because I was raised agnostic in a catholic family and religion and philosophy intrigued me. But this annoying guy thought I did it for him because he was another religion but I was really interested in the religion before I met him. But if it makes him feel better that I did it for him (who I never met btw) then more power to him. When I realized the religion was not for me I stopped talking to him and the other people I met because people were saying I would burn in hell or something. It was a good experience because I learned that religion isn't something I should dabble with and now I'm free of that curiousity!

• To explain they said I would burn for being bisexual and part of the reason for my religious quest at the time was to find one that was accepting of lbgt. But the experience taught me that God was going to love me either way and really all I needed was self love and acceptance. Which I still work on.

• Nope. Not a chance.