How do I make her feel less overwhelmed?

This girl I know is very sensitive. She has been dumped recently by a couple of guys and she says she turns men "into ghosts" constantly. She's insecure and unhappy about it and has been depressed at times too.

I like her and she likes me, but I'm a few years older (mid thirties, she's mid twenties) and she has always felt impressed by me. She has actually told me indirectly many times that she doesn't think she could ever be good enough to make me happy, or that she doesn't have enough to offer.

If I say something emotional or heartfelt though, it's just going to make things awkward. The last thing we need is more uncomfortableness. How do I break through and make her realize I like her for who she is, and we can make it work together?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually when someone says "she has actually told me indirectly many times that she doesn't think she could ever be good enough to make me happy, or that she doesn't have enough to offer" that's letting someone down easy. In any case you'll never really know.

Just be patient with he, you'll see soon enough when she's ready to commit again or when she is ready to be in a relationship with you

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Say to her I know you've been hurt in the past and it will take time for you to regain your trust in men but you can trust me and I know it's awkward for you when I bring things like this up and that's fine I get that I just want you to know that you don't have to try to make me happy or think that you'll never be good enough for me because just being in my presence makes me happy experiencing new things together with you makes me happy and I want you to be able to be yourself

• she believes maybe u r kinda old for her i'm afraid. did she mention bout any issues bout age difference? though it might b just her depression though, since u mention she's been depressed at times