Guys, if you're taking things slow and aren't ready to date yet... how often would you contact the girl you're talking to?

I know it's a complicated question. He didn't realize he isn't emotionally available yet, until I said something. That's why he's been hot/cold and distant... his ex is still harassing him, trying to get him to be her friend though she screwed him over. It's only been 4 months. He said he thought we could have something good, that he didn't want to rush it, and that he wanted to continue to talk - even though I told him I was going to take a few steps back and keep my options open - that he didn't know how much time he'd need, but that he liked what we had so far. I guess I was just hoping he would have contacted me this week like he did before he pulled away. I feel like I never hear from him anymore.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• basically it might b his X's fault u know... she was harassin him u say. so he might want u actually, but his X's bossin him maybe

What Guys Said 3

• just play your position, be his friend and let him know that there's opportunity for more. Then just go about your business, there's no time for you to waste on a man who isn't ready to date you if he doesn't want that. If he needs more than a few months to get over his ex, especially if she's crazy then I'd just move on. I'm sure there's plenty of other good guys out there who would love the chance.

• Well I kinda like this girl. So I'm playing a little bit hard to get and I'm goin slow to at least build a small trace of attraction. If you take things to fast, you'll just fall of the cliff.

I contact the girl I like, every few days. I initiate the contact every few days but every time I reply to her text, I give it a few hours before I send it.

• Almost on a daily basis if I liked her back