Is it better for someone to have low self-esteem or an inflated self-esteem?

Given that both of them have self-esteem issues, for you would it be better dating someone with:

a) Low self-esteem and low confidence issues, they don't love themselves too much

b) Inflated self-esteem and excessive confidence, they love themselves a lot

This is how inflated self-esteem (superiority complex) looks like:

http://www.easycoursesportal.com/Selfesteem/Lecc-4.htm

• Low self-esteem
  • Inflated self-esteem

Most Helpful Guy

• If your a guy, its better to have inflated self esteem, because girls call that "confidence" and he will get laid left and right.

But i would MUCH rather date a girl with low self esteem, than inflated self esteem. I absolutely CAN NOT STAND arrogant bitches. Nothing turns me off more quickly. If i was on a date with a girl who started acting arrogant, i would legit put down the money, get up, and leave in the middle of the date.

But i can handle someone with low self esteem, as long as they aren't super depressed or suicidal. If she has low self esteem, it just means that i have to try harder to make her feel happy and secure, and that i have to give her more love and care than a normal person-which I'm totally fine with.

What Guys Said 4

• Ooohh this is hard. I'd say inflated self esteem is better to have though. I've seen too many cases where low self esteem turns into self hate which can turn into things like suicidal tendencies... which is bad. Very bad.

Inflated self esteem makes everyone else miserable around them, but the man with his ego will be happy and keep thinking he is always right.

While everyone else may hate him for it, I'd say inflated self esteem is better to have than low self-esteem.

• That is entirely dependent upon their opposite (whomever they are after). Some people seek out others like themselves - so I think that speaks for itself. Some people prey upon others with low esteem because they know they can build their own self up in the other persons eyes and make them feel "lucky" to have them. Some people think it a challenge to go after another who thinks they are "higher" than the rest, just to "bring them down to size". As a general rule, I think a person should be confidant in who they are, and they will find someone likewise. Know yourself, accept your flaws, and also accept what is good about yourself. People who are Too over - or under - confident, tend to get used by others.

• Someone who's full of themselves I guess

• I think low self-esteem, I hate people with an inflated ego

What Girls Said 5

• Being someone who has low self esteem can ruin relationships you cannot successfully love someone if you don't love every aspect of yourself.

• I'd prefer someone who is pretty insecure than someone who is arrogant and cocky and so on

• Its better to feel bad about yourself.

I don't know what's happening to me! This question is annoying me and I feel like i am going insane. J swear to god I feel like I can't deal with anything right now.

• People with low self-esteem tend to let people treat them like garbage, especially in relationships. If I had a kid I would want he or she to feel like they're all that specifically so they won't let people walk all over them or make them cry. It would break my heart.

• IN my opinion have a superiority complex about can develop into Narcisssim and you would not want to be dating someone with narcissism. It better to try to have a healthy medium and if that person lacks confidence and self-esteem then sometimes it mght help if a partner boosted their confidence and esteem but not to the point they are arrgoant.