Brother liked a picture of me in my bikini on instagram?

The other day I posted a picture of me and my friend in instagram of us at the beach in our bikinis. I noticed my brother liked the picture which I thought it was weird but he probably was staring at my friend. However, he commented on the picture saying "two of the prettiest girls I've ever seen! Love the bikinis" I've known my friend for years and my brother has gotten to knew her well too. I just thought it was a bit odd my brother liked and commented on the picture of me in a bikini. Is it weird? I'm 19 and my brother is 17.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're reading too much into it. Maybe he likes your friend and wanted to pay her a compliment, but wasn't comfortable doing it directly. He had to include you so he wouldn't have to feel embarrassed later on if she rejected him. It's a defense mechanism.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm pretty sure he was just being nice. Maybe he is hoping you will put in a good word for him with your friend...

• He's probably attracted to your friend and figured it was a subtle way to send her a compliment. He couldn't just straight out compliment her and leave you out... so yeah, it is kinda awkward but also kinda makes sense.

• I have sort of a similar situation that I'm curious to get your opinion about... if you don't mind will you send me a message through my profile page thing?

• just a like and a compliment so there's no need to overreact in my opinion... relax :)

• Kind of weird.

But i mean he is a teen. Like you said there is a friend in the pic, and bikinis are pretty sexy. Just tell him not to do that again because its weird, and can't he delete it anyway?

What Girls Said 1