Guys, have you ever wanted a relationship with someone before but couldn't commit bc things happening in your life made it hard for you to feel?

Have u ever felt so good about wanting a relationship in the beginning but as things got deeper you started to lose the emotional side bc of obstacles in your life? Were u in a situation where u wanted to commit so badly but couldn't bc u were not happy with where u were in life? What did u do? Did u push her away and denied how u feel bc of the situation u were in? Tell me your story...

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, its kind of the opposite for me. She is in Cali right now. We dated around a year ago. Super difficult for me to handle. Just got out of a relationship with my ex and I wanted to move on with the new girl. We moved a tad too fast and she ended it sooner than I thought. Now, I'm bouncing from job to job and trying to keep a good balance between my work and home life and its not going very well. I want her in my life to support me, but I've cut off contact with her because I cannot deal with her due to past issues we have had over the past eight or nine months. I want a relationship with her, but we're at different stages in our lives and its extremely hard to cope with right now.

What Guys Said 4

• No but it happened to me. I had a girlfriend for about 2 months and everything was going well and all of a sudden after what i thought was a great date as i was walking home from walking her to her house she text me that she need time apart. And she ended things for what i couldn't understand. She later told me it was because of her own insecurity that made her brake up with me because she thought that i would have broken up with her sooner or later (which I wasn't, still yet to find someone i connect with like i did her). After that I went into a depression for weeks and if anyone was trying to pursue me i would have been completely oblivious. So for me the spark of love and attraction overcomes my inner demons and when i do feel those feelings I know i'm ready to take another crack at love

• Yes, yes I did. I sabotaged a perfectly good relationship for my career, without realizing at the time what I was doing. Ended up pushing her right into the arms of someone else. To this day I regret what I did, but I vowed I'd never make the same mistakes again, and I never have.

• Ugh... I'm a fighter and I feel like that's what he is doing with me. We decided to be friends only bc I didn't want him to stress. I'm afraid he doesn't know what he is doing. If you can do it all over again but you still had same feeling what would you have liked her to do? Can you give me advice on what I can do while we are on a strict friendship right now. I don't want to lose him and I believe in him

• Thank you so much! So you are saying I can make him feel that emotional side again. Lately our convo has been losing its root but u are right there still is time

• Welcome. :)

Yup yup. Something brought you together, and you had good times and long talks. If you can rekindle that, you'll be just fine. I think you've got this, though. You have a good attitude and awareness of the situation. Good luck!

"I'm a cat that hops streams!" ~streamhopper, Scott

• It happened to me in my last relationship, i was dating a girl and things got serious so fast, but I wanna accomplish few things in my life and reach some goals that require full focus, so we started to fall apart because i started to move away from her without knowing, i ended up thinking about my future more than "our" future and i thought it was too early to commit. so we broke up and I don't regret it

• Not much... I'm started feeling something more than what we had but she lives far far from where I live, different culture, different language..., 3 years younger... so I sometimes feel like its impossible, and I might blow everything off. Like me and her will never happen. I'm just nobody, I will be a dork or a random statute around her friends and family... So because of that I am giving up on her.. 😕 is this story good enough?

• Man it actually opened my eyes about my situation. He keeps saying I deserve someone better yet he treats me like we are in a relationship. I think it's his confidence.