Will I ever get a boyfriend?

Okay, basically I live in Ireland and live in a small village. When I went to secondary school (basically highschool, start at 13 years old) I didn't know anyone going to my ALL GIRLS school, so it did take some time to addapt and make friends. I am now 15 and basically I have never really had a guy as a friend and I have never felt like any guy I was around seemed that interested in even my presence. I have never had a boyfriend and I often joke and hint to my friends who know plenty of guys about my situation but they never catch on so I never really get to meet their guy friends. I would say I am averge looking I am not that bad looking but nothing compared to my friend. I am pretty short for my age and look maybe a little younger than I actually am and I have curly hair which I dreadfully hate. Now I am the complete opposite to picky I just like a nice guy. I feel like I could never just approach a guy because I was always been told to play hard to get so yeah. Will I ever become friends with guys and will I ever find a guy who will even be attracted to me? (I know it isn't because they are too scared to talk to me because I have been told that I would be their last choice out of all the girls they know, the person who did say that turned out to just make me feel worse about myself and used me to get to close to they girls I knew so I haven't talk to him since).

Most Helpful Guy

• > You're pretty
    > Evidently you have a pretty golden personality
    > Flaunt your curls haha, I always wish i had straight hair, but eh.
    - Honestly matey, Ofcourse you will get a boyfriend xD, I'm actually surprised you don't already ;P. Eh, Don't worry about it though, Just let it happen naturally, When it happens it will happen, I mean, You're still young with your entire life ahead of you, What's the rush? :P
    Good luck tho dude, Like i said, Seriously, Dont worry about, You have clearly checked looks and personality boxes. ;)

• Wow thanks for the nice comment, means a lot :)

• If you're level 1, Could i message you and would you be able to reply to that?

• Yeah I just can't make the first reply

What Guys Said 7

• Based on your avatar there's not a damn thing wrong with you aside from being surrounded by wankers.

I know it will sound familiar but be patient. Stick to your guns for what you are looking for, never ever ever sell out just to get what you think you want at that moment.

Ignore the losers who would tell you that you'd be their last choice... it's called "running a game" on you. They treat you like crap so you figure once they show you a little kindness you can't help but to fall all over yourself.

There's a bigger, more awesome world out there... don't waste your wants and needs on where you are now. Just take care of you for now and Be Ready when it shows up.

• Thanks this comment was really helpful, what you said about the guy I mentioned.. I never really thought about it like that and it makes a lot of sense thanks for the comment :)

• Your still young and have plenty of time and a lot of girls get even prettier as they get older so don't worry your time will come. I noticed a lot of women come over here to the U. S. to be a nanny and up with a guy from here since it is a much bigger population here if that's the problem

• Don't listen to whoever told you to play hard to get. Seriously one of the worst pieces of advice I hear so much when it comes to dating.

• My mother actually was the one that said it. I don't know because I have noticed it work for my sister and other girls but I just feel like it makes me even more of a stanger towards guys. Would you say be more direct towards them?

• It depends. I'm in college so this is probably the easiest point in life it will ever be for me.(That's actually really depressing now that I think about it).

Yeah I think it is. People become more mature and gain confidence as they get older. It's hard for you because you go to an all girls school. Do they not have dances/social events with the all boys schools?

• No we don't do school dances in Ireland but thanks for the rest of the tips :)

• Your fine m8. Just put a smile on ur face n let the world welcome ya.

• You sound like a nice girl but I'm just saying that if your really looking for a boyfriend don't play hard to get because guys like girls who are into them

• you are 15. lol wut?

• I'd b your boyfriend :) too far though :(

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, you will, but maybe not as soon as you want. Being shy and in a school where you don't meet a lot of boys may mean you don't have a boyfriend until you're out of secondary school, but you'll still have a lot of life left at that point. Just get away from the assholes who tell you poisonous things like you would be his last choice. He should be YOUR last choice! Oh, and if you are horrified at the thought of just waiting for it to happen spontaneously, quit hinting to your friends and ask them to introduce you to nice guys they know.

• Thanks for the helpful advice and yeah I ignored him because I knew that I would lez before being with someone who says stuff like that about me, I will take your advice about my friends thanks again :)

• Try NOT playing hard to get. A guy has to know that you're showing interest. And a lot of guys don't catch hints very easily at all.

If you see a guy you like, just try to talk to him. Doesn't really matter what you say, as long as you say something. Trust me, he'll be very happy that a girl is talking to him

• Thanks I just dont want him to think I am desperate or just be mean

• At 15, guys are just as nervous as you are, so don't go out of your way to be a challenge. You might turn a guy off if you chase him, but he's much more likely to talk to you or ask you out if it's clear to him that you're not going to reject him.

• I suppose so thanks :)

• I say dono be in a hurry. You're very young. I know I will want a boyfriend someday, but never missed not having one during high school.

On the other hand... I'm Irish and would LOVE to visit Ireland soon!

• I know that I am young it's just the fact everyone else can get them so easily but for me its so confusing. And even a guy friend would be great but I can't even do that.
      Ireland is great.. if you love rain in the Summer! haha