Which is the worst type of shallowness. choosing partners based on looks or based on wealth?

Many women say that judging women based on their looks is just as bad as women choosing a partner based on wealth, if not worse. I dont agree, at least when a person is judged on their looks the person in question has some control over that, also when a guy is attracted to your beauty that beauty is unique to you, even identical twins aren't really identical.

• I'm a man and feel choosing partners based on looks is more shallow
  • I'm a man and feel choosing partners based on wealth is more shallow
  • I'm a woman and feel choosing partners based on looks is more shallow
  • I'm a woman and feel choosing partners based on wealth is more shallow

Most Helpful Girl

• I think choosing a partner based on wealth is more shallow. Why? Because to be attracted to wealth you have to be calculating. To be attracted to looks is more of a feeling that is specific to the person you are attracted to. If you are willing to try to be with someone ONLY because of wealth, then that is the ultimate form of shallowness, as it means the person is following what they want even though they see no value in the person. If someone wants someone ONLY because of looks, at least they genuinely like something about the person.

What Girls Said 3

• Attracted to looks is normal and fine, as long as characters is the one that substain the relationship at the end of the day that is even more important.

Choosing partners solely on wealth and looks (and nothing beyond) is equally shallow to me.

• "I love your money but you're ok I guess."

• Its okay to be attracted to looks, thats how shit works

What Guys Said 5

• Physical attractiveness is a valid criteria for selecting a mate, although it should not be the only criterion.

• Choosing a partner based on looks isn't shallow at all. Because that's exactly how it usually works. It's an animal instinct and some people simply can't or don't realize it and keep lying to themselves because of hurt. It's either you are attracted or not and people tend to feel attracted to those who look attainable to them (someone that looks kinda like them) So wealth is definitely more shallow.

• You know what, its good that we have both though. Those who choose their partners based on wealth give those without looks partnership. vice versa as well.

• They are equivalent.

• I'm going to have to go with wealth on this one. Your body is part of who you are.