Are you looking for a relationship? if not why? (please no obvious answers like I have a bf/gf or anything like that.. this is intended for singles)?

I'm merely asking this out of curiosity.

Thank you for taking the time in reading my question and answering it. Have a great day and too my fellow americans have a great 4th of july!

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not looking for a relationship, simply because I don't like being hurt and feel as if guys like to play with my feelings as if they were toys. I would like to have a serious relationship, because I am too big of a cuddler not to be in one. But, at the same time school is my biggest focus at the moment and most guys do not understand that. They either think I am too:

bougie
    smart
    rude
    shy/sweet
    or something about my physical apperance

• I'm sorry to hear that you've had your feelings played with before =/ lol I'm a huge cuddler myself and honestly I do miss it quite a bit. =/. ... I'm not 100% certain on all the things bougie entails but since when has it been a bad thing that the girl you like is smart? for me that would be a person who I could hold intellectual conversations with, someone who I can talk to about anything... that boggles me.
      I can kinda understand the shy part but it would definitely not be an issue... and how is sweet a bad thing? lol.

just don't give up on us guys (or girls). there are guys out there who would love everything about you :) Also I can totally understand you making your main focus school. nothing wrong with that :)

• Thank you, I just really needed to hear that. :)

• absolutely, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for ya :) js

What Girls Said 12

• I would really appreciate having someone right now. I am 7mo pregnant and live by myself, I feel alone and not cared for by anyone ( aside from my family that is). Family is great and all but being loved n having support from ur family is different than the love and support you receive from a special partner. The guy (father of my unborn son) I was with landed in jail last month due to a terrible outcome from an argument we had. I came out really hurt from all of this emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically and I feel like just curling up in a ball and crying sometimes (and I do). Im obviously not ready to jump into another relationship at the moment and hope that when I'm over all this and him never feel like I have too. I've been hurt once before, now again, and I don't think I could take a third time. So that's y I say I definitely would appreciate someone right now but not to be in a relationship with.

• I completely understand. I promise if you keep your chin up and stay strong, you will get to a better place in your life with this :)

• I honestly just try to be a good person is all :)

• good please stay in touch then :)

• I'm kinda open to one, but I'm definitely not actively looking for one. Because I'm scared to get hurt, and insecurities. I have to work on myself to fix myself emotionally, then I could be ready for a relationship.

• Before I met my boyfriend I was never looking. I just let things happen if they happened. I'd go to parties for fun, not to meet guys. If a guy decided to talk to me I wouldn't brush him off or anything, but I wasn't going out to approach guys

• Sure I guess I want to be in one, but currently I'm not actively looking. I tried asking a guy out recently but turns out he has a girlfriend already lol. There aren't really any other guys I'm interested in, so as of right now I'm simply floating by I guess.

• kudos to you being proactive and asking him yourself though! that takes a lot of courage :)

• I don't know. I'm in a really complicated situation with my best friend right now and I'm not sure what's going on between us... romantically. It's a confusing time.

• I used to think i wanted to date and that I was ready if a guy asked me out and I could reject him. But now after one confession from a close friend, I lost all confidence. I realized that rejecting someone can make yourself also feel bad. And its kind of pressuring to know someone likes u but u can't like them back or u have issues and stufc like thaf. So i pulled out from being on the dating market. I focus on my college and career. Just to make sure, i put a ring on my left hand ring finger (small plain ring) and no guy has come up to me :P

• I don't want to date because I know I won't marry them. Right now, it's just a waste of time. I would rather spend those time friends or something better.
    That is just how I feel.

• Someone who's funny, kind and just gentle. Not too much, not like all those annoying goodmorning texts (my opinion, other girls may love that) or breakfast on bed. Oh and someone who dares to take risks.

• Yes I am. I'm not in any kind of rush though.

• I dont like being single, makes me feel alone tho I'm not, someone I can talk to and is willing to help me through stuff. Thats why I look for someone

• No. I'm still hurt from my previous relationship.

• yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss... but i haven't found him yet

• lol you will :) I'm in the same boat. me personally I want to find that girl who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with asap lol BUT that might not happen asap SO I may have to wait a little while, and I have time. You and I are both still young and we still have time to find that special person.

What Guys Said 8

• I'm not looking.
    My g/f passed away last September. I just don't want to be involved right now.

• Been too scarred from past relationships (cheating, being manipulated, and not being a proper boyfriend, i'm serious about that last one) that i'm emotionally drained and my confidence has been sucked drier than California.

Doesn't help I also have asperger's syndrome, which inhibits me from certain social cues and body language, which are 2 things i struggle with every day.

• I have on and off days.

Sometimes i spend a few hours on dating sites and other days i just forget about em and do stuff i would normally do (guitar, salsa dance etc.)

• I am looking but not as much as before because I'm afraid to talk to girls on the Internet (I would like a LD relationship) from my last experience with online dating.

• Nope. I've got nothing to provide yo.

• No, because I am lazy.

• I'm not sexually attracted to men or women.

• I've been ready for ages. just to love. hold. go out have adventures. cook food and look after them whenever they get sick. and I just don't have words to describe how much I want to love someone and for them to love me too :)