Girls, Why do I need to be told constantly that I am pretty?

Even though I know that my boyfriend loves me. Every date, I really enjoy being told I am pretty at least three times. This makes me feel very good the rest of the night. I am basing my self-esteem on this or something else. Why do I enjoy being told that I am pretty so much?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way with my boyfriend. It just feels good to know that your guy still has that attraction for you and wants you to khow how beautiful you are to him

What Girls Said 9

• You do not have self esteem.
    True self esteem comes from within.
    You walk out of your home and you know you look good, you do not need to hear it from any one else.
    You do not seek validation from others.
    Confidence shows in the energy you put off, your walk , and how you stand.
    You "need' to hear it because you don't feel good about yourself.

True confidence comes by loving yourself.
    Accepting the things that you cannot change about you.
    Accepting your flaws as a part of you, and not dwelling on them.
    Confidence comes with contentment in your heart.
    It is solely based on how you view yourself.

When you are truly confident, and you receive a compliment from another it is just a bonus hearing it.
    It doesn't really alter your mood... because you already feel that way about yourself.

• Because it's an ego boost. A love of ego stroking comes from low-self esteem or a self-aggrandizing personality (ref. histrionic p. d.).

While insecurity and egoism may seem unrelated, both of them are ultimately self-centered: Positive or negative, it is "all about them". Whether it be their perceived awesomeness or their abject misery, their needs - recognition from others - are the same.

The immediate concern is what happens when you don't get the attention they crave?

• I'm exactly the same. Maybe your love language is 'words of affirmation' .
    www.sheknows.com/.../What-are-the-5-Love-Languages

• You seek validation and reassurance from others. It means you're insecure.

• You do not have enough confidence in yourself without being constantly reassured by your boyfriend. You need to find your confidence from within and be happy with yourself without getting validation from any body else.

• cuz ur insecure/concieted

• Reassurance

• makes you feel good about yourself!

• A lot of people do. It is practically human nature to want to be complimented because it boosts self esteem