Girls, what do you think of guys that only talk about themselves in most conversations and are kind of negative about life?

Would you go out with someone like this or should I just get rid of him?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, some people get nervous and feel a lot of pressure to keep the conversation going, so they talk about themselves. Maybe he doesn't want to make you uncomfortable asking probing questions at the risk of upsetting you, or he wants you to contribute what information you feel comfortable talking about into the conversation yourself.

I mean, I'm dating a guy now who we both sort of just start talking about some random topic and go with it. We don't interrogate one another, but learn about each other through the flow of the conversation as each of us contributes what we feel comfortable talking about at the time. But maybe that's too slow of a pace for some people, though.

• As for the negativity... well, I have my ups-and-downs myself, but honestly it depends. You have to consider your own happiness in that regard.. the company you keep does have an effect on that, so you could be helping him... but at the very real risk of diminishing your own happiness.

What Girls Said 5

• I spent quite a lot of time trying to help someone who is like that. At last I gave up on him. I loved him as a friend but his negative mind was something that constantly annoyed me. At some point I felt the only thing stopping him from being positive was him. He didn't want to realize it was him the biggest obstacle to be happy. You can't help anyone who doesn't want to be helped. There is people who is like that, they just want your attention and they'll stuck on their life just to play their victim role. I'm done with that people.

• Just ask him to see the positive side. Or try to get him to see the positive side of things. If it goes to far, like you can't change his mind at all just let him know you tired but since you can't help you're going to distance yourself

• Nope, they always care more about themselves than their girl. Dump him

• Help them out, if they don't want help I feel bad for them

• That he's errogent!