Would you date someone covered in scars on almost there entire body?

So 18 years of life has gone by, (well just about, my birthday is on the 8th.) I have gone beaten up my entire life, by family and school, adding on I have a autoimmune deiease and I have a tendency to get hurt. So my arms and legs are scared from injuries, well my chest has many scars on it. (Gonna be gross but I have one scar the left a hole on my rib cage, so you can stick you figure into the cavity with my lung), and I have a couple small scars on my back.
I know scars aren't quote on quote "pretty", but can scars be beautiful? Would you date someone covered in scars?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, I think scars can definitely be beautiful. Every one has a story and each one is unique. I'd also say yes to dating someone covered in scars if I found them attractive. By that I mean that beneath the scars I saw someone who despite and/or because of them is a beautiful person. I just couldn't date them if they were never willing to accept that I could look past them.

• The challenge here is to make him see the beautiful person beyond the scars. Conflicting personality like being fragile but strong minded, vulnerable but selfless might be your best way of expressing yourself towards him.

The love might come from his pity and respect towards you?

• Scars don't make you beautiful or not... it's who you are as a whole person that radiates your beauty. Have a beautiful heart than people will not merely see someone with scars but see the individual that stands before them:-)

• Depends. It's all about how you carry yourself. If you "own" them and still feel pretty, you're fine. If you're always being neurotic and trying to hide them, that's bad.

• If someone really truly cared about a person then they wouldent think twice or be bothered by scars. And I would totally date someone with scars, I have in the past and I still would.

• I'm regretfully shallow, at first glance I probably wouldn't depending on the severity and location. But I've dated girls that I wouldn't initially show romantic interest in because I got to know them better.

What Girls Said 2

• They way you look shouldn't really impact anything if you were funny , smart , and have a beautiful personality it will outshine any scar any day I'd date you FUCK SCARS (that couldn't change the way I feel about someone )

• Yes of course! I used to cut myself when I was a teen because I thought I would be masculine and like to girls (I am bisexual, and back then I was transgender girl to guy). I have not a lot of scars, I never toke the issue too seriously, I did it just for joke when I was drunk, or I thought that it was fixing my self esteem and make me feel brave.
    My ex boyfriend, whose actually not so "boy", he was 37, a Scandinavian metal guy, he had almost his entire body covered with deep cuts, and half-removed tattoos. He had serious mental disorders and drinking problems, and you could realise that he didn't like to cut himself, but stab himself! He could take a knife and in some splits of second make his hand a piece of red flesh, without to show any pain! He was so beautiful though, he looked like a damn angel on wrinkles and cuts to proof the suffering of his lifetime. I loved him, I still love him and I fell in love with him from the first time I saw him. Of course I wasn't bothered by scars, I even wasn't by watching a such men crying hysterical at nights by my side. ;'(
    But I couldn't help him, and he just wanted to get rid of everyone surrounding him in the end, that's why we are not together anymore.
    So the answer is, yes! Why does it bother?