What is your viewpoint of soul mates and do you think they exist?

What is your take on it and do you think everyone has someone they're meant to be with? If youve met tour soul mate, what exactly did you feel or how did you know they were the ones for you?
I always wondered what exactly it feels like and how to decipher it from just another encounter or the real deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do I believe that there is only one person on this earth that I truly can be happy with? No. Of course not. I believe that there are numerous amount of people that we share a deep connection with on this planet. But you have to learn to get out there and look.

I never settle for nothing less than a strong great connection with the girls I consider being in a relationship with. From the first few dates, it should be obvious if you two get along great NATURALLY. That's the key, if you feel you have to make a constant effort to keep this person interested in you for long periods of time or you feel you can't lower your guard and easily be yourself around them then its going to be hard to be in a long term relationship with this person

What Guys Said 13

• Good question and very interesting to read these answers, especially from the ladies.

I know soulmates exist. My girlfriend is my soulmate.

Not that we're like that couple, but if you ever watch "The People vs. Larry Flynt," Larry and Althea Flynt are true soulmates, and Larry has said this in interviews. I know what he means.

There's also such a thing as soul sisters and soul brothers. I learned this from one of my soul brothers. I'm talking logical family, instead of biological family.

They are totally 100% real. And thank God. They make life on this planet not just bearable but beautiful.

• Nope, I think there are a range of people I could be with and that there is a range of people who'd be with me. In a way it's down to meeting someone at the right time which is basically luck. I mean soul mates is a bit of a ridiculous concept, there are billions of people on earth and most people meet someone close to home and thats the only person they'd have married? Nah

• Maybe they exist, or maybe they're a silly romanticisation. I'm happy flirting between the two; well truth be told, I have no choice in the matter! I think first, you must 'find yourself', but that's not what most of us want to do, we want salvation through another. How can an incomplete human being experience wholeness?

With regard to the whole notion of soul mates, I've certainly had very interesting, 'spiritual experiences' with other people, as fleeting as they are. Whether this is silly delusion on my part, shall be borne out in the course of my lifetime, I am sure :)

• yes i do beleive in soulmates, i have met mine but the timing isn't right yet.

i have had a few psychic readings. she is my genuine soulmate and was meant to meet her etc.

for me it was like a bolt from the blue, id never met or seen them before and BAM! like hard smack upside the head there she was. i could call it love from first sight.
    but if you ask her: she definitely won't say the same.

for me it was the real deal.

• Yes everyone has their soul mates but they r around us and we won't just meet a person who will suddendly feel like our soul mate but we will have to connect our souls with them. I found mine and didn't knew she was the one all this time. Finding your soulmate is like losing urself. U would stop living for urself and start living for them. The only purpose in ur life becomes to keep a smile on their face. U dont feel then any different from u. U feel as if he or she is u. They get hurt, happy or sad... U can feel it all from inside. U would do anything, be anything for her. When she is around u don't care about the whole world. For the whole world even doesn't matter anymore but she does. She can hurt and say anything but there won't be anything she can ever do to stop u from loving her. After u have been with her and felt her love... u can't be with someone else... Ever... And at least not so much happy as u were with her. It is sometimes difficult but it the best feeling ever. I could describe it only like this but its just a small fraction of what it really feels. There are some things in the world so amazing that u can barely explain them or express. U just gotta feel it for urself. Uf u want a better answer then find an old couple who have been through a lot and yet together. Maybe they can do better. :)

• Yes, they're all around us if we open our hearts. Life is mostly about finding and communicating with them, if you are lucky.

• I think there is someone out there for everyone you just have to look around, but I do not believe that we are destined by fate to be with a specific person.

• We have many Soulmates in this life but their purpose is all the same- they are here to challenge and awaken us so our soul can evolve into a higher state of consciousness.

Soulmate relationships are often not forever, this is because sometimes the relationship can be too intense.

Soulmates can also be friends and relatives; they don’t always have to be romantic partners. Regardless of this, you will always feel a strong, energetic connection or a past life history together.

• I don't think anyone knows for sure whether soulmates are real or not. I personally believe everyone was made with someone else in mind. I also think it's possible to marry the wrong person and not end up with your soulmate. I've met a girl, lives all the way across the world. Are we totally compatible? Yeah. But is she my soulmate? Hard to say.. why would I be given a soulmate that I can't be with?

• Well considering there's a disproportionate number between the genders no there isn't someone out there for everyone.

• i think they do exist, but its difficult to find them and of course i cannot waste my time searching them.

• I believe in souls mate. For me it was something I felt. We could carry on a conversation about anything without arguring. all the things I wanted in a woman was there. I didn't have to ask for anuthing because it was always being done.

• I don't think people are pre-destined to be with each other. I do think that certain types of people just go so well together that it might almost be a perfect match and seem like it's meant to be.

What Girls Said 6

• I think all that soul mate crap is bullshit. People are made to believe in that in order to feel better about their shitty love life and have hope for the future.

• They could or could not exist, but I believe they may be out there. There will always be some person on the planet that is perfect for you, no matter how far away they are. It's basically when you meet someone so similar to you or someone that completes you so well that you feel your heart tug XD. I guess some souls are drawn to each other in that way,, or in a way that is unexplainable. You don't necessarily have to meet a "mate" to be on that sort of level of consciousness with someone, but it certainly is possible. :)

• There are billions of people on this planet. The concept that everyone is meant to magically be paired up is ludicrous.

• that soulmate thing is immature... we dont live in fairy land.. life can b awesome and , magical whenever we find love... and the one which doesn't fade away

• Haha. You'll change your mind when you find that soulmate. :) Right here on Earth.

• With most people I would not automatically say yes to that question. With you, yes. Being honest.

• wow.. thank you... huge compliment.. :) :) @detlef

• Of course they do. you just gotta find them

• My soul mate is in heaven now, smiling down on me. R. I. P Phillip, my one and only. I miss you...