Would you date someone who doesn't believe in Evolution?

I'm not sure i could

• Yes i could
  • No i could not

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I could date someone with such little intelligence or such a high level of ignorance - at least that's the way how I would perceive them. Furthermore I think most people who don't believe in evolution are very religious and I'm an atheist so I don't believe it would even work out..

What Girls Said 13

• why do people love to latch on to these theories and bash others for not following suit. later when said theories become disproven and obsolete those ”smart” people just quietly sit down. who fucking has time for that bs.

• You wouldn't date someone who has a different belief/opinion to you? That's understandable I guess... But if you always shut people who don't agree with you out, you'll never see the other side of things.

• No. I imagine that they would either be very unintelligent, or very ignorant. Likely, they would have other beliefs and values that were incompatible with me (most people who don't believe in Evolution are very religious, and I'm an atheist).

• The theory of evolution over creation is senseless in my opinion. I believe in creation. I do believe that species evolve, it'd be ignorant and stupid not to, but to think that we went from living in water to monkeys to humans is dumb.

• Yes... if they had a better theory ;)

• It would be difficult for sure 😐

• I guess he'd just be ignorant then...
    I dislike stupid people - I know it's not their fault, but still, can't deal with that.

• Absolutely not. I'd sooner cut off my own leg.

• I couldn't. I wouldn't mind religious but not that. That's ridiculous.

• That would be like oil and water that can't mix together.

• Actually, the theory of Evolution is proved to be wrong. So somebody who wouldn't date others because they don't believe in evolution to me, is as ignorant as somebody who believes in Adam and Eve.
    Do your research.

• As a rule, I don't date retarded people.

• I don't like overly reglious views and my pet peeve is homophobia. I would have a real issue. Its scientific fact. I would thing this person was one of the stupidest people ever. I wouldn't like them.

What Guys Said 22

• My girlfriend is religious and im atheist, we both agreed not to disrespect the others beliefs or try to change it either. Of course we bump heads on different opinions on topics but key is to respect.

• Evolution is not something you believe, it is something you must understand.

If someone denies evolution, that person is either very stupid or uneducated. I don't want to be in the same room with that kind of people.

• No I don't think I could date someone i'd consider a nut or ignorant.

• Wow, didn't think people were so judgmental. Since I don't see how the belief in evolution has to do with commited relationships, I would defintely date someone who didn't believe in it.

http://youtu.be/L45Q1_psDqk

• Evolution was a pretty shitty film.
    Save for the ice cream bit of course.

• I could as long as she didn't try and force me to comply to her beliefs.
    I've dated a girls with a broad range of spiritual backgrounds, Wiccans, Christian Fundamentalists, Agnostics, and Sikhs. It's never been an issue.

• Yeah lol why not? Its not like every theory in evolution is correct anyways.

• I wouldn't date someone who does.

America has gone dramatically down ever since they took God and creation out. Suicides went up in teens almost immediately, mass degeneration and lack of respect for elders and human life, acceptance of harm and evil in the name of open mindedness as if they cosrantly need reproof... if they don't beleive in God, I wouldn't take them very seriously and try not to fall for them

• No, I would doubt i would even want to be friends with someone like that xD.

• I doubt it... If they don't believe in something that's been proved several times, I wonder what else they don't believe that it's real.

• How do you "believe" in evolution?

• The same way you believe in leprechauns.

• For some reason evolutionists have a problem with us creationists and insist on constantly calling us retarded even though their theory goes against all the other sciences and we actually have more evidence than them. They have a fake monkey man they made out of a pig's tooth, and some bullshit stories about how a T-Rex evolved into a chicken.

forum.gon.com/attachment.php

• To be totally honest I'm not sure whether it matters who is right. Neither macro nor micro evolution is going to truly effect me unless there's a super virus. D:

• No, I wouldn't.

• I don't believe in evolution myself so i could definitely date someone who doesn't

• I would stay miles away from such a stupid person. Dating? I wouldn't even befriend them.

• i wouldn't mind. It's an opinion, people aren't evil for hainv opinions.

• No I wouldn't cause I don't date stupid

• Probably not.
    I could most likely guess that we wouldn't get along too much. I would hate having her speak negatively about science at times where I could never correct her. So I'd not let myself be in that situation in the first place.

• I wouldn't date someone who is stupid enough to believe that nonsense.

• No, I can't date someone that ignorant as I value intelligence more then anything.

• Why do you people believe in evolution and random chance? The odds are so low and the evidence is so underwhelming?

• You couldn't prove that anymore than I could prove creationism. 0 proof at all yet you believe it cause other people say it's true. Doesn't sound very different from religion to me.

• No. People believe evolution because there is something called a "fossil record" that provides evidence for it. Unless you believe fossils are the work of the devil?

• Like I said: Go take an evolution class. If you're falling back on "if you didn't do the research, it's wrong", that's a pretty pathetic excuse. I'm not "grappling" (it's grasping, by the way) for a point. I was using those technologies to illustrate that the scientific method, which is applied to ALL areas of science, has validity if it can produce bombs and cellphones. Could it not also provide a plausible theory for evolution?

Give me YOUR idea of how animals and plants came to be, if not evolution. I'm sincerely curious to know.

• Grasping thanks.
      I don't know that's the thing. Evolution can be true. Most people's reason for believing it is silly though. I never said you're wrong if you didn't do research. Don't accuse me of things I never said. Making up lies is what's pathetic

• I don't believe in human evolution but I'm open minded so my opinion can change.

• How is "human" evolution different from evolution in general?

• Humans did not evolve from apes according to evolution. What we know as apes today are modern apes, we both evolved from a common ancestor. That is if you believe in evolution.

• You're right that humans did not evolve from apes.