Do guys like girls that play videogames?

So I've been gaming for maybe about 4 years, anything thing from shooters, racing, one the need thinking, to online mmorpg like W. o. W.
Every guy I've dated didn't like the fact I prefer videogames then going to the mall.

Do guys like it when a girl rather spend all night playing videogames with someone then be out?
Would you stay and play videogames with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it'd be an easy conversation starter just like if I met a girl into horror movies and metal music.

• Hmm horror movies they're fun to watch lol

• Yeah I've had girls like that and then I've had ones with stuff in common but I had no physical attraction, literally none, and if I can't see myself kissing them then I don't see it working out either.

• I dont think I've had that problem, then again I've only added a hand full of people in my years of dating

What Guys Said 28

• Honestly, I'm not really a fan of it. Playing video games with my girlfriend or talking to her about aspects of video games just feels weird. When I talk to my guy friends, I usually talk to them about things like video games. In my mind, when I think of what I'd talk to my girlfriend about, it'd be things different from what I talk to my guy friends about. But, if she plays video games as well, it's like she's just a guy friend... but female. That's just me, though. I know a lot of guys would do absolutely anything to find a girl that wanted to play video games with them.

• I would play video games with a girl, but not MMORPGs. I don't mind staying in with a girl playing games at all. And hell yes I'd rather be at home with her than be at a mall walking around window shopping because that bores me to death.

• In my opinion is something really attractive, a guy that doesn't like that on a girl is either really close minded or simply machist since he wants to put you in a stereotype role of the girl that can only be worried about fashion, clothes and other standard stuff.

• Yeah, except girls in MMO are still worried about all that exact same popularity crap IN-GAME instead of out of the game.. which is why most of them play SOCIAL games like WoW.

Find me a woman who plays Guilty Gear or Blazblue and I'll give you a cookie.

• In game popularity, like being in the top 10 largest guilds and stuff, could care less about that stuff. I play wow cuz my brother always want me to send him stuff, he uses my account mire then I do in a week

• Meh what could I say, In my opinion girls that play games like League of legends (and of course, are good at it) are a lot sexier than those that claim that play games but just suck at it, mosty because is a super silly way to tease guys.

• yeah but i'd not like em to b video-game fanatics and get obsessed over it. since i'd lose interest. maybe a few months ago, i'll b ok wid it, but now i've lost interest on em so i'd rather not

• i guess you were just after the wrong kind of guy then. gamer guys will like it.

• I don't know about other guys. But I find it extremely attractive when a girl's a gamer. I'd love playing videogames with any girl. They're more of a challenge than other guys anyways.

• Spend all night playing videogames with a girl I like? Sounds awesome!

• Im into girls that game, gaming is one of my fav indoor hobbies so that's something that we would have in common.

• I love playing video games and wouldn't mind playing with my girlfriend, if I had one that is lol

• I love them!! I would stay up with them yeah :) you're my type

• of course. i like videogamer girls. thy all cute...

• For a geeky guy like me that's a dream come true.

• It depends on what games they like :)

• Yes, but only if they're actually into videogames because they like it, not because "it's cool". Actual gamers are very attractive. I'm very much into videogames myself.

Also I don't particularly like games like League of Legends, so I don't really consider people who only play LoL or Hearthstone and nothing else a "gamer".

• Honestly, j only play cuz my brother is always asking me to send him stuff, he uses my account for wow more then I do in a week.
      I prefer Playstation, I'm not too good with pc games

• Nah brah, girls who game are fine, also cheaper. Am xbone game is $60, a movie for two is $24 +other crap. Games are the better investment.

• I don't care for girls who play online MMOs or other social games unless they play as a male character

• I like girly girls and video games aren't part of that. If I really liked her then I might stay in and play them.

• Depends, I wouldn't sacrifice the girliness factor of attraction because they like video games... But if they were hot enough that girliness factor becomes unimportant because they look good without all the excess stuff.

• I don't mind just as long as it's not the only thing they do on their free time.

• I game mostly at night, during they day, I'm normally outside if it's not down pouring, doing whatever I can.

• Then it wouldn't bother me at all.

• I do because I like video games

• I love girls who play video games

• Yeah totally I would love her!

• A lot of them do. For example all my friends and I love.

• Yeah !
    -------

• i like FSP games

• yes if you like gaming we LOVE it. especially if u dont act like u suck and play for real

• I'd be fine with a girl like that.

• I would never date a girl who plays W. o. W.

What Girls Said 8

• Damn right they do! That would mean more in common and then they could play multi player games together. Plus talk about nerdy stuff about them.

I love playing games with my boyfriend it really makes the relationship more interesting and fun. ^^

• I friggin love playing video games but even I know you have to compromise and do something he may want to do sometimes. If that seems like a big task to you, find someone who is basically your personality twin.

• I've been told on multiple occasions gamer girls are golden. Their cool nerdy and won't get mad a guys for playing video games (my guy friends opinions) but I would totally go for a gamer chick if I was a guy.

• A lot of guys like girls that play video games. But there is a certain extent to where it's not okay. I love video games but I don't stay home all day.

• I may be a chick but in all honesty your going after the guys that want the the girl to be perfect! Like makeup, dresses etc

You need to find a guy with the same taste because be honest, a gamer doesn't wanna sit there listening to you talk about the shoes you bought were just fabulous, no he would want to challenge to a game of WOW and just have fun with you <3

• I dont like the mall and I love gaming.
    My boyfriend loves gaming to and loves it that I am the way I am

• Guys that are into gaming I am sure would be into that.

• I hope not because I play videogames all the time.