Does he really like me or does he just want sex?

This guy, who is 5 years older than me, started showing interest in me over insta a couple months ago. we've been talking and he always says things like "you're my one and only" "i'm the best you'll ever have" "marry me" "you're the most beautiful human being ever" and "you're all mine". It's sweet but he never acts on it, you know? and sometimes our conversations are about how much he just wants sex. i got my phone taken away permanantely because of that. I don't know how to feel about him because he makes me so happy but so angry at the same time. He'll say I love you but go dm my friends? He always says the right things to make me forgive him instantly like "i see a future for us" "i want us to have kids" "let's run away". But other times he doesn't really care about my problems, like he just ignores them. I fell for him in the beginning because he was so down to earth and really caring but it seems like that person gone. I need advice on what to do, do i keep talking to him or do i just stop because it's not beneficial to anyone. Are older guys just bad news?

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's saying all of that stuff when you haven't even dated, yes he is a player and is trying to get you into bed. People don't start talking about that stuff typically until they have been in a relationship for some time. Depending on your age and the age of consent in your state, it could very well be illegal for you to sleep with him anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• He sounds incredibly sketchy. Like sketchy as in creepy. It's going to be hard to hear this, but I would get out of there fast. Based on how he is talking about sex, all he wants is sex. He doesn't really care about you emotionally, not to mention that if you are under 18 and he is over, that is considered pedophilia.
    This is a clear sign of what I call "pervy sharks." Pervy sharks find their prey and compliment them excessively, eventually leading the conversation to sex. They'll say anything from "I love you" or "You are the best" and such. Girls often get very confused signals from them because pervy sharks never connect emotionally. They only focus on physical. And, once you've had sex and such, they leave and you are left heart broken and used.

If he really truly loved you, he would be worried about you when you had a problem and wouldn't be trying to get you to have sex. So I strongly suggest you stop talking.

Tl;Dr; As my friend would say, he is "bad news bears" and it sounds like he doesn't really love you.

• Thank you so much, I have been stuggling with this for a long time. It's good to hear it from a guy's pov.

• Older guys aren't bad news, just guys. There's good ones and bad ones. Sounds like you got one that just wants sex though.

• Mere excuse to use you, stay away

What Girls Said 7

• He's just a sweet talker. He says the things you want to hear just so that he can get what he wants.

• Older guys aren't bad news. But he sounds like he just wants sex, I've dealt with a guy like that before.

• Girl put on your running shoes, he clearly only wants to fuck.

• That's way too soon for him to be saying all that shit. Stay away.

• seems like you are now seeing the guy's true colors.

• STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!!!

• You need to stop talking to him.