Girls, help with a girlfriend with bad dating past?

Long story short. My girlfriend from day one told me she isn't touchy feely, has a short temper, and two kids. None of which bother me. She also told me about some of her previous boyfriends would beat her often severly, one forcing himself on her when no. She ask me to come over a lot, when I am there she always enough extra food so I have a plate. She doesnr have a issue with me giving her small hugs here and there. Lately she hasnr been letting me kiss her goodnight. she used to let me do it everynight, now Its been almost 2 week and still nothing. She doesn't like when I bring stuff like this up as she takes it as im just trying to push for sex before she's ready. She also says she doesn't wanna break up. So is it possible for this not to be a big deal? I see it as a step backwards, but I am afraid to tell her that. I am finally starting to earn some trust and I dont wanna ruin what I worked hard on so far. She is 24, and we been to together almost 7 weeks. Everythings great so far minus the lack of kissing part. I know she has issues with past relationshipsx but it seem weird that we stopped kissing. Am i overthinking this or is this normal?

Additional info. we agreed that if we are still dating at the end of our leases we will get a place together. She doesn't want to break up.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's sweet that her past doesn't bother you, you seem to really care about her. She was honest about bad experiences she had so that is good but somewhere she needs to decide if she's going to let her past dictate the here & now or if she's going to take her wall down so she can work on a healthy relationship with you. Otherwise it would be selfish of her to string you along. You should have an honest discussion with her, be gentle but honest

What Girls Said 3

• RUN!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! Trust me, nothing good will ever come from this. You might rehabilitate a pitbull but you will NEVER rehabilitate a broken girl. It isn't her fault, but she will use this as an excuse and milk it for all it's worth. Babe, there are other chicks to have sex with. Just move on and forget about her.

If you choose to persist with this, you will look back at this message and tell me I was right. I have been there. NEVER will I ever go back.

• Do what you gotta do

• her past doesn't matter.