How to tell my boyfriend I have seziures?

I'm epileptic. I have been for 4 years and I wanted to tell my boyfriend that I'm epileptic but we've been only dating a month and I'm afraid if I do, I'll scare him off... I know he'll understand though. He's one of the sweetest guys ever but I just don't know how to tell him? And Is 1 month too soon? Should I wait longer?

I'm also on medication and haven't had a seziure for almost a year.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really see why you're having a hard time telling him. Just tell him.

• I'm afraid I'll scare him off if I do...

What Guys Said 5

• I think the sooner you tell him the better. Especially if the seizures are frequent. He needs to know what to expect and how to deal with it if you have one. Because if he doesn't know and you have a seizure. It will scare the hell out of him.

• They aren't frequent. I'm on medication and I haven't had another seziures for almost a year. August will make 1 year.

• That's a good thing to mention early. Would you rather have a seziure on a date and freak him out that way?

• No but I haven't had seziure for a year... I'm on medication

• Make sure to let him know what he is supposed to do if you have one.

• Thank you, I will.

• If he is a sweet guy it won't affect his attraction to you at all.

• No you should not wait longer. Illnesses need to be discussed ASAP so your sO can decide whether they want to deal with the shit or not before feelings become too much

• Tell him, the sooner the better!

What Girls Said 3

• there is no easy way around it sorry, your just gonna have to go for it. good luck I'm sure it'll be fine :)

• Yes, wait longer. much longer.
    When you guys are engaged tell him

• If he is the one for you, it won't scare him