Guys, Advice on hooking a guy?

I can't seem to get a guy! I'm outgoing, friendly and talk to guys I'm interested in but they seem to run! I'm not needy or desperate, I'm happy being single, but I'd like to meet someone. I'm a size 10, take care of myself, dress nice etc... am I just undesirable? It's making me sad!

Not a fake question or profile! Logged in with facebook so can't fake my picture or age 😕

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, for some reason I can't see the picture of you everyone else seems to be referring to, but girls rarely take interest in me, which I attribute to one of three things. First, I'm kinda scrawny. Second, I don't go out of my way to meet them. And third, I'm a staunch and vocal conservative. There are some people everyone initially goes for and some who attract very little attention, like me or you. Personally, I think I'd rather be the latter, less people to sift through and those few people who like you are probably people you'll really like, too. Just what I've noticed. I'm cool with it. Kinda cynical anyway, plus I've got all the time in the world. You may not think so, but so do you. 35 is pretty young for anyone who isn't a pro athlete. Something that helps me on the rare occasion I feel bad about it is a song by Tom Waits called Better Off Without a Wife. Humorous and reminds you of the good parts about being single.

What Guys Said 13

• Wow. Bunch of harsh guys on here. Why wouldn't it be her? Not everyone ages the same, you know. :P

Anyway, back on topic here. I can't imagine why guys would run - what's been your experience when you did date? How did things go? Was there any thing in common among them that could provide a clue as to what it may be?

• Thank you!
      I've not dated for ages! Last guy I was with for 15 years... now I try to date but guys just don't seem interested! im starting to think it's something I'm doing or not doing! Or a vibe I'm putting out there?

• 2 years! Lol

• 2 years? Wow. That's hard to believe. I mean I do believe you, but still. What, England run out of guys? :P

• no way that profile pic is you unless your age on this website is incorrect. you look early twenties, not 35..

anyway just assuming your age is incorrect, guys may be intimidated by your looks - the perils of being gorgeous. i deal with it on a daily basis too lol

• I'm not needy or desperate, either. I know it shouldn't be an issue, but maybe you're being too forward?

• they are scared of you because they think that they can't handle you i guess. but when i look at your profile pic it should be easy for you to find someone. maybe hang out with younger men because they like older women

• Get in better shape maybe? Pick up some hobbies that you like and you could meet some cool people, you'd be surprised.

• First off, your hot. You are one smoking 35 year old.

Now to business, guys are idiots. We like chase and game. My guess is you're making asking you out too easy. If you like a guy flirt with him but make him want you and pursue you first. He asks you out for Friday, be busy or don't accept immediately. Then accept in his second advance.

• You're 35; You're past your prime.

I think it's time you either let it go and have a lot of casual sex or become a cougar and buy young men's affection.

• Be hot, that's it, that's all it takes. Maybe flirt way to obviously, make it ridiculously obvious you are flirting

• That's a mystery. If you asked me out you'd get a date ;)

• HI you sound nice where are you from? Im in CT I love tall girls and smart girls. tell me more about you. you have KIK?

• Sorry but I call BS, if that profile pic is real, then you should be running at you not from you.

• *they should be running at you'' need some sleep dammit..

• LOL! Not BS! Very serious!

• Then try internet dating, then your intentions are known, and you can pick them out.
      The whole lot of them...

• Practice on me.

• truth be told. I can't get a girl.