I like this guy, I think he likes me. Only problem is the age difference?

So I'm 18 years old, and this guy is 23. Is this weird? I've asked my friends for their opinions, but it's mixed; some say it would look strange, others say 5 years isn't that much of a deal. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and the guy I like are 6 years apart, go figure. It depends. If your legal, and what your mind set is on life, goals, and relationships. All of these factors will need to mesh well in order for this pairing to work. He’s in his early twenties, so for guys they are still 19-18 in the brain at that age. Guys mature slower than women, especially in terms of romantic relationships. It’s not like he’s 30 or something. I think you should just take your time. Older guys tend to think they can mold younger women to their own personal liking, so my only advice is to stay true to your natural self. You’ll be fine. Have fun!

What Guys Said 2

• 18 above, age difference is okay...
    I saw some guy with a 16 year old girl 😂😂

• not a big age difference.

What Girls Said 5

• Age is just a number, Not a reminder.
    No, 18 is fine, 23 is even finer because it seems you are More into Maturer men who are More like yourself in mind wise years here, dear.
    Good luck. x

• thats not weird at all. as long as you guys are compatible and happy together.

• I don't think an age gap of 5 years really matter. As long as the feelings are mutual, then go for it.

• I'm interested in guys that are 3-5 years older in general. Not on purpose, just seems to be that's the way it is.

• Seems fine with me. Any older it could get a bit weird.