Would you look at your significant other's Facebook if they left it open?

So this morning, I go to my computer and see that my girlfriend left her FB signed in. We've been dating 5 months and she's always on FB. I look through the names of the people she's had conversations with from the duration of our relationship and that was it. No names drew a red flag so I signed out without reading any conversations. Now, I feel a bit weird for snooping. Like I said, I didn't read any conversations; just looked at the names of the people she had chatted with.

Would you have logged her out without any snooping or would you have done more than what I did?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be vey honest, I would have investigated even more so. But curiosity kills the cat and I can tell you that, because I have done this before and snooped, I have been hurt several times and now it has caused a permanent paranoia and anxiety in me that I wish I would have prevented. But yet, then again, I am thankful I went through and found out some things that they weren't telling me, because I was able to end the relationship before It did any real harm to me in the future and wasted time on guys that obviously weren't worth my time from the beginning. But like I said, I also got a negative side effect from it as well, because now i'm always way too cautious and have bad anxiety, even with my current boyfriend even though he has been completely faithful to me. Its an awful side effect from the snooping situation. Now that I know how badly they can treat you behind your back, now im constantly worrying about what my current boyfriend may be doing behind my back that I may not know of :/
    I'm thankful for your sake, that you did not find anything that looked wrong and any redflags. Whether you snoop or not, is entirely up to you. Its not necessarily a healthy thing to do, because it shows uncertainty in the partner; however, I figured, if he's not hiding anything from me, then whats the harm? if he is hiding something, then better me find out now on my own than further down the road when im too attached to him and I find out the hard way or by mistake.
    Just being completely honest with ya

What Girls Said 2

• Well me and my boyfriend have free access to each others accounts so I dont think its wrong, its natural to be a bit curious

• yes, i would too, i would do the same thing and i have done this. one of my exs left this stuff open and i screen shotted his activity log and he was searching my friends and family... like weirdly... and he searched my sister a lot. so it kinda helped when i broke up with him.

What Guys Said 2

• i'd NEVER do such a thing at any case. no matter wot NEVER.
    i'd rather have my hands cut off if i ever did... or send me naked out in da public and b ridiculed by other people.

sorry but this worse than cheatin in my opinion... but i don't blame u, since it seems like u regret bout it :)

• nah i'll let trust do its thang.